Faulty Temperature Gauge?

maingate

While looking over the next van (which I have agreed to buy, I switched on the ignition and the temp gauge went straight to the "Normal" position. Trouble is, the engine was cold. This is on a 2.8 Fiat Ducato, 2003 vintage. The salesman said it was a common problem and would be sorted and naturally I believed him.

Have any of you gentlemen (and ladies), I hate this politically correct world we live in now, any experience in this area. I have not picked the van up yet, so a bit of ammunition before I face them would be appreciated.

ps: I suspect the battery was not fully charged if that makes a difference.

Thanking you in advance.:)

I had a problem with the temp guage on my last camper (VW T4). it was just the sensor in the engine cylinder head that was faulty.
Get the bonnet up and check levels etc...

Faulty temp senders are not rare and easy to solve, BUT make sure its fixed before you take delivery as it can be an expensive fix if its a wiring or circuit board problem.

Had the same problem in my van when it would start to jump about all over the place. Took connections off sensors and gave a good waggle when putting back in. No problems since.

If you do a search you will find it is a common problem and various solution are provided including disconnecting behind dash and switching off and on etc

Contact me at my business number 01302 812051 had the same fault on my 2.8 fiat autotrail 54 plate or if you prefer pm me your number and i will ring you cheers mark

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back