FAO Admin

PaulC

I've been meaning to alert you to the fact, for some time, that in the forum section you have "Westmorland", but Westmorland hasn't existed for quite a while!

Last edited:
I've been meaning to alter you to the fact, for some time, that in the forum section you have "Westmorland", but Westmorland hasn't existed for quite a while!
Is that Westmorland in Cumbria near Crook.:

Westmorland

Cumbria does indeed exist (should know i live here)although my birth certificate says Lancashire,the county of Cumbria was made up of Westmorland,Lancashire and Cumberland after restructuring in the 1970's.I still think of myself as being a Lancastrian being 70 miles from Carlisle and 46 from Lancaster.Andy.

Sorry to be pedantic :eek: but back in the 70's the county of Cumbria was made up of Westmorland, Cumberland and BITS :cool: of Lancashire but not all of it. :) The big bit :p still belongs to the rest of us :rolleyes: who were lucky enough to be allowed to stay behind!!!:D:D No offence intended to anyone. JIM.

Sorry to be pedantic :eek: but back in the 70's the county of Cumbria was made up of Westmorland, Cumberland and BITS :cool: of Lancashire but not all of it. :) The big bit :p still belongs to the rest of us :rolleyes: who were lucky enough to be allowed to stay behind!!!:D:D No offence intended to anyone. JIM.

WIGAN LANCSHIRE NOT GREATER MANCHESTER AS THEY SAY:confused:
NICE VAN JIM

Thank you kindly Wigan Pier for that remark!! I do miss that thank you button!!

I was in Wigan on Monday. :p We went to Pier Aquatics on the estate opposite the pier!:cool: (We go there on a regular basis for a mooch about! :rolleyes:) We live within 10 miles so its a nice afternoon out. :cool:

And Cumbria all so was made up of a small bit of North Yorkshire, I think(?).

Westmorland

That would explain when travelling over to Sedbergh you pass a yorkshire dales sign.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back