Fammia Skylight HELP!

• Thread starter Aaron_TransitVan
  • Start date

Aaron_TransitVan

Mine is leaking when it rains very hard, not a major problem but annoying.

I am going to remove all the sealant and re-seal it when the next sunny weekend occurs:mad:......

Can sumone please advise me of the tools i will need to remove the exsisting sealer and the best sealant to use?

I go into Screwfix or Wickes and im faced with atleast 20 different sealers arghhhhhhhh, all of u who have fitted ure own Skylight to success, what did u use?

Than You greatly.............:D

Ref sealant

HI Aaron,
Not fitted a skylight, But have fitted a few car windscreens and use sicoflex ,
( it wont leak with this stuff )
Hope this helps a little, Keith.

Use a thin piece of plastic, old credit card sharpened to a point and cut away the old sealant until you can lift the vent off.

Use the edge of the card to remove as much of the sealant that you can and then white spirit.

Use Sicoflex to rebond.

Good luck

Peter

Lidl's were selling pots of silicon remover the other week, a friend used it on his shower to clean it down prior to re-sealing it - it worked very well!

For some strange reason I've ALWAYS found the clear sealer a LOT stickier than coloured??? So if it's up on the roof I would buy clear silicon; and look out for the ones with a 5 or 10yr G/tee as they do last longer than the cheap pound a tube Lidl ones when used in direct sunlight.

Thanx for the input ive got two tubes of silcoflex, when its dry im gonna get up there.

Trouble is, i cant remove the skylight to re-seal underneath because the previous owner has puty silicone all over the screws and fixings and i cant get the bits out to get to the heads!

ref skylight

H Aaron,
No easy way mate just hard work, get up there with a stanley knife and dig it out :( ( with care ) We all know you can do it :)
BEST OF LUCK

lolololol

Im gonna have a good go tonight, going to remove and clean then seal as i go along, might run out of light and dryness!

Good on yer mate,
But please dont wil it to rain,
We are off in the morning for a couple of weeks , staying in good old blighty but still want to come back with a tan and not wet rot.:D

leak

There you are then
you never know what you can do till you try:)

Well done that man

weez
Tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back