EZA 130 lithium power pack - anybody using one?

Tonybvi

I’m very vaguely toying with the idea of replacing my AGM leisure batteries with lithium but am put off by the complexity despite the wealth of information on this website, mainly from Phil. As a result I am somewhat attracted by the very expensive EZA 130 system. Is this so much better than the standard but complex lithium install?

You're right it does seem expensive, but then with a predicted lifespan of maybe 20 years, that does make the price more acceptable.

My only qualm would be that a lot can happen in those 20 years, so possibly it could be obsolete within a fraction of that time?

As with everything you pays your money and makes your choice. It says it replaces 2 batteries and is the same size and weight as one of them. We had a battery fail last year in Spain and it was relatively easy to just pick up two new batteries and carry on. For £2000 you can buy a lot of batteries. It sounds a fairly complex bit of kit and if it fails in 4 years what do you do.

I’m very vaguely toying with the idea of replacing my AGM leisure batteries with lithium but am put off by the complexity despite the wealth of information on this website, mainly from Phil. As a result I am somewhat attracted by the very expensive EZA 130 system. Is this so much better than the standard but complex lithium install?

You could buy two RB100 batteries and all the other bits required for a similar price and that would give you 200Ah useable. This would also give you some redundancy if one battery failed. I also notice that this only includes a 3-year warranty as standard.

You could buy two RB100 batteries and all the other bits required for a similar price and that would give you 200Ah useable. This would also give you some redundancy if one battery failed. I also notice that this only includes a 3-year warranty as standard.

And there’s the rub! Despite reading everything I can my poor little brain can’t really grasp all the technicalities and when you mention “all the other bits” I get all flustered as I don’t understand what these “bits” are. Any clarity on this matter from anybody would be greatly appreciated. The current set up on my 2018 Hymer is fairly standard for a Hymer I would imagine and consists of 2 x 95Ah AGM batteries, EBL 30, 120W solar panel, LRS 1218 solar regulator, battery master split charge to engine battery.
Any help on the required “bits” and any recommendations for a competent installer, the further north the better, would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tony

And there’s the rub! Despite reading everything I can my poor little brain can’t really grasp all the technicalities and when you mention “all the other bits” I get all flustered as I don’t understand what these “bits” are. Any clarity on this matter from anybody would be greatly appreciated. The current set up on my 2018 Hymer is fairly standard for a Hymer I would imagine and consists of 2 x 95Ah AGM batteries, EBL 30, 120W solar panel, LRS 1218 solar regulator, battery master split charge to engine battery.
Any help on the required “bits” and any recommendations for a competent installer, the further north the better, would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tony
Maybe contact Wildebus, I'm sure that he does this type of work. My 130ah battery failed completely on the way up to the Green Frog meet last December, I took Phil's advice and ordered two RB100 lithium batteries and a Victron BVM712 monitor. I had them delivered directly to the Green Frog and Phil put them on for me. I've had that setup with no further items installed until recently when I decided to fit a Victron Multiplus Inverter charger. So it's not as daunting as it seems. With all the discount codes on Motorhomer all this costs just a little more than the lithium pack you're looking at and I've got a big inverter along with a 120amp lithium charger 👍

Regards,
Del

Last edited:
Maybe contact Wildebus, I'm sure that he does this type of work. My 130ah battery failed completely on the way up to the Green Frog meet last December, I took Phil's advice and ordered two RB100 lithium batteries and a Victron BVM712 monitor. I had them delivered directly to the Green Frog and Phil put them on for me. I've had that setup with no further items installed until recently when I decided to fit a Victron Multiplus Inverter charger. So it's not as daunting as it seems. With all the discount codes on Motorhomer all this cost just a little more than the lithium pack you're looking at and I've got a big inverter along with a 120amp lithium charger 👍
Regards,
Del

Out of interest what size of inverter charger? It’s much easier to do the same as other people have done successfully!
Thanks, Tony

I got this one. There's a discount code on moterhomer.com Any one of them would have been okay but as we're now full time Diane wants to be able to dry her hair (1200w) and do some ironing (1200w) obviously not at the same time so any of the Multiplus ones would have worked but I decided to go for the bigger one so I have plenty of headroom. Of course your uses maybe different. The kettle and toaster are the main things (coffee machine coming soon ;)) that we use and it's great not having to turn the gas on for a cuppa. We move almost everyday and so keeping the batteries up hasn't been a problem, our first meet at Lochore will be the real test, four nights without moving. With my battery set up you can now save money by fitting the new bluetooth shunt rather than the BVM712.

Regards,
Del

If us over 70’s are still allowed to travel I might pop down to see your set up sometime during the Lochore meet if this would be ok with you? I’d be in the car rather than the van as we’re not attending the meet.

Tony, if you pop down in car, can I have a wee play with gull wing doors............pretty please? 😷

Nope. They are not gull wing doors, they are falcon wing doors. If you can’t even get the terminology correct what hope is there for you, Terry!

If us over 70’s are still allowed to travel I might pop down to see your set up sometime during the Lochore meet if this would be ok with you? I’d be in the car rather than the van as we’re not attending the meet.
No problem, might see you there. PM me if you want my mobile number.

Regards,
Del

Thanks, Tony
Not sure of your van setup but does it have canbus? I looked at lithium batteries but was told to wait as there could be a problem with them on my Burstner canbus. Still waiting for answer...

The problem is with the EZ set-up, is this "One Box" solution. The problem is if one of the components fail inside the unit, you loose the entire infrastructure, whereas on an independent Battery-Mains-DC/DC charger set-up, if say a mains charger goes, or a DC-DC charger goes, you do not loose the entire set-up and still have a fall back. You still have to go through the isolation process with original Factory equipment (if fitting to a Production motorhome).
Also at 3 year warranty compared to other Li on the market, that would worry me @ £1500.00.

As for Can-Bus systems, so far we've had no issues with the later BMC-I/T Hymers, have completed 4 installs of the later Burstner's this year, dealt with the new Fiat Euro-6D Smart Alternators and next week sees our first Morello in for electrical/security work.
Lithium as a concept is fantastic, but needs customer consultation and vehicle assessment to be installed correctly.

I’ve had an EZA 130ah lithium battery in my van from new,so that’s 4 years now.It is with out doubt my best purchase.We tend to use cl type sites without hook ups and even in winter we have never ran out of power.They are expensive but I don’t regret fitting mine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back