Exterior gas connection not working

The fault has to be in the bbq connection.

Not necessarily, there are at least two other possibilities

a) the manifold is switched off
Where would that be?

It varies from Moho to Moho, but is usually inside one of the low level cupboards. You may be able to trace any of the internal copper gas pipes as they all are connected to it

b) the BBQ is broken.

The exterior barbecue point stopped working tonight which means I can’t use the Cadac bbq for cooking.
Just before doing this would be a good time to stop smoking.
Take the rubber hose off the BBQ connector and plug the connector into the socket.
If gas comes out then the Cadac is the problem.
Take the connector out of the socket after a couple of seconds whatever hppens.

Not necessarily, there are at least two other possibilities

a) the manifold is switched off

It varies from Moho to Moho, but is usually inside one of the low level cupboards. You may be able to trace any of the internal copper gas pipes as they all are connected to it

b) the BBQ is broken.

Just before doing this would be a good time to stop smoking.

Take the rubber hose off the BBQ connector and plug the connector into the socket.
If gas comes out then the Cadac is the problem.
Take the connector out of the socket after a couple of seconds whatever hppens.
Agreed on the bbq, but I would think by now the OP has found out where the manifold is and checked it. Also they did not know where it was so it’s extremely unlikely it was turned off. But the OP reported that the bbq point was faulty, I assumed that was the case. Also I thought they had already done what you suggested with the bbq connector, it’s what I would have done.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in responding but I ran out of data and had a few issues with WiFi.

I found the manifold and it isn’t turned off.

I removed the hose from the bbq connector and plugged it into the bbq point but no gas is coming out.

I’m guessing that means the bbq point fitted in the side of the van is faulty so I’m going to leave it until I get home.

I bought a Spanish gas regulator for €10 and I’m going to buy a Spanish gas bottle just to use for the bbq. Although I’m sure it will be handy for future trips

After a bit of hassle with some places refusing to sell gas without an empty cylinder to return, I found a garage that sold me a bottle of Spanish gas today. I explained I didn’t have an empty bottle and he said it wasn’t a problem and only charged €19 which came through on my card as £16.30. What a great deal when I’ve been paying £45.50 for refills at home.

The bbq is back in business and we don’t have to cook in tropical temperatures inside anymore.

That’s everyone for all the help and advice.

Whereabouts in Spain are you , not too bad ,under 30 in far North West ?
We were in Cabo Roig then. We’ve moved a bit further north to Calpe now. It’s still very hot, in the 30’s most of the time.

I can’t complain; we will be back to Scotland by the end of the month ready to start a long winter.

Sorry to go back to basics, but sometimes....

You are turning the Bullfinch plug afer you have pit it in the BBQ socket aren't you ?

"Inserting the tail connector and turning, locks it in place and allows the gas to flow to the appliance. "

Sorry to go back to basics, but sometimes....

You are turning the Bullfinch plug afer you have pit it in the BBQ socket aren't you ?

"Inserting the tail connector and turning, locks it in place and allows the gas to flow to the appliance. "

Fair point but I am turning it after I plug in.

I think the problem is in the connection that I plug in to.

We were in Cabo Roig then. We’ve moved a bit further north to Calpe now. It’s still very hot, in the 30’s most of the time.

I can’t complain; we will be back to Scotland by the end of the month ready to start a long winter.
Ah ,like Calpe a lot , usually stay on Mediterraneo for a few days in the winter . Just watch the happy hour cocktails, can be quite lethal lol.
We are currently in Foz on Northern coast. Nothing over 24 forecast this week so not too bad at all.
Enjoy your trip.

Ah ,like Calpe a lot , usually stay on Mediterraneo for a few days in the winter . Just watch the happy hour cocktails, can be quite lethal lol.
We are currently in Foz on Northern coast. Nothing over 24 forecast this week so not too bad at all.
Enjoy your trip.
You are in a nice part of the world too. We won’t get that far west on this trip.

We were in Calpe in 2019 but this is our first big trip since then. We really like it here and will definitely be back.

We will probably leave tomorrow to start meandering back home for the end of the month.

Ah ,like Calpe a lot ,

Only been once and full of bad memories.
BF were offering a self drive four week stay in the Suitopia Hotel for considerably less than the cost of taking the MoHo.
It was March and the coldest they have ever had. Temperature never got above 15C. The town was deserted and most shops/bars/restaurants were closed. One night we ate in a restaurant with coats and scarfs on even though they had put a portable gas heater next to the table.
On the way home after 20km we had to divert to avoid snow drifts that had been on the national news.

Only been once and full of bad memories.
BF were offering a self drive four week stay in the Suitopia Hotel for considerably less than the cost of taking the MoHo.
It was March and the coldest they have ever had. Temperature never got above 15C. The town was deserted and most shops/bars/restaurants were closed. One night we ate in a restaurant with coats and scarfs on even though they had put a portable gas heater next to the table.
On the way home after 20km we had to divert to avoid snow drifts that had been on the national news.
Wow ,when was that ? We have been going since 2917 for a few days . Have always enjoyed a night out and the coastal walk North to the little harbour is a favourite of ours. Don't ever recall weather like that , maybe just lucky!

We have been going since 2917

Having a MotorHome that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside saves a fortune on the ferry.
1723559159138.png

Back