Exhaust system

GinaRon

We need a new exhaust system but finding a garage in Nottingham that can take our van is more probmatical does anyone in Nottingham area know of anyone?

I'm not in or near Nottingham but to widen your search for premises to accommodate your van perhaps you could get one made and fitted by the likes of Powerflow who have a depot in Nottingham

We need a new exhaust system but finding a garage in Nottingham that can take our van is more probmatical does anyone in Nottingham area know of anyone?
there is one in doncaster s.m. c. i think, not use them yet.but its on the cards, we live at retford , keep going ok,pj.

Have you tried Kam at Bulwell. I just asked them if they could MOT a Boxer and they said they could so I presume they have the room and lifts. Otherwise try whocanfixmycar.com and get several quotes.

Allens Autocare in Castle Donington isn't too far away from you, they are a family business, they do all of Available Cars MOT's and are very fair, they must be because I take my MOT's to them, the only problem I see with yours it might not be a standard exhaust but it depends which bit has gone but the would sort it for you
Allens Auto Care | MOT | SERVICING | TYRES | FLEET WORK

Eden Tyres and Servicing (Porchester Road) put new boots on our motorhome while working on it outside. Thus, they may be willing to do the same with your exhaust.

Keith

Allens Autocare in Castle Donington isn't too far away from you, they are a family business, they do all of Available Cars MOT's and are very fair, they must be because I take my MOT's to them, the only problem I see with yours it might not be a standard exhaust but it depends which bit has gone but the would sort it for you
Allens Auto Care | MOT | SERVICING | TYRES | FLEET WORK

It should be a standard exhaust but may be for a European Left Hand Drive model. I have had RHD German motorhomes with the LHD exhaust system. The way to check is to see which side the tail pipe exits. If it sticks out the UK nearside it is a LHD variant. The LHD ones are more expensive and a bit more difficult to find.

On my last Burstner with the 2.8 jtd engine, my garage fitted a normal RHD exhaust by moving the exhaust hangers to suit. Even with their labour costs it was the cheaper option.

I found a LHD exhaust for mine on eBay Germany, very cheap as well Jim but you are right a RHD one can be fitted with a little bit of work

I found a LHD exhaust for mine on eBay Germany, very cheap as well Jim but you are right a RHD one can be fitted with a little bit of work

That bit in your link where you were told that LHD and RHD are almost identical may not be true. In my case there was a huge difference in shape.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back