Exeter Double Locks Pub Stop

master

Hi, we just tried to use the Exeter Double Locks Pub Stop and discovered that the access road to it has a Weak Bridge 3T sign on it - pretty tricky with a 3.5T Renault Master. You can see a (railway) bridge from the sign and it looks narrow but OK, but don't be tempted - don't think this one that has the limit but the next one - its a single track wooden swing bridge! Not one to attempt in a reasonable sized van, and even if you were to give it a go it would be a bit tight to line up as its very narrow. Have a look on StreetView if you want to check it out.

I called the pub and they said this was the only road to them so we went to Powderham instead. Perhaps we missed something but I would avoid this one unless you have a small van - and who knows it might be a great pub - but we decided on discression!

Anyone else tried it?

Chris

This is 10 miles from my house, its a nice pub with good ride/walking paths. But as said there is a very narrow and small bridge, which would not be easy in anything over small van size. You could park up on the estate and walk. Lots of others good stops near by with sea/river views.

Good real ale pub & used to allow/encourage overnight & weekend campers (usually tents) but I don't know the current managements attitude to this; things changed there a few years back. About 18' -19' long would be absolute max for the bend onto the swing bridge.

Thanks for the update - I'll put a note on the POIs about the weight restriction.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, it might be better if intending overnighters phone the pub first (but their tel no. hasn't been listed over the last few years, I can't find it in 2009/10 nor 2011/12 directory). My impression is that you don't see any tents in their field in recent years. Discerning drinkers don't seem so keen either. Regards.

Hi Chris, it might be better if intending overnighters phone the pub first (but their tel no. hasn't been listed over the last few years, I can't find it in 2009/10 nor 2011/12 directory). My impression is that you don't see any tents in their field in recent years. Discerning drinkers don't seem so keen either. Regards.

The phone number is 01392 256947 ...

ALL the pubs listed in the POIs have a contact number - this can be accessed using Google Earth, or Autoroute :)

The advice given is to ALWAYS phone ahead before presuming that you can stop at one of our listed pubs.

Regards

Chris

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back