European breakdown cover

Chris356

Hi I am thinking of uprating the weight of our motorhome from 3500 to 4000 but someone has mentioned that European breakdown cover is normally up to 3500 anyone done the same and had problems
Thanks chris

Found my policy well the wife did and we are with caravan guard they were open till 8.00 so called them and not a problem uprating the weight also no limit on length or weight for breakdown so will now instruct sv tech to uprate it for the price of £260 + vat. It's due for renewal next month so will give aib a try
Thanks chris

I`m with Safeguard, 4,100 kg no problem and 365 days UK and European breakdown cover included.

Just getting my European Breakdown cover and got a bad surprise. AA & RAC limit length to 7m !

So going to Driver Guardian who cover up to 8.5m as standard and 12m manually.

Found my policy well the wife did and we are with caravan guard they were open till 8.00 so called them and not a problem uprating the weight also no limit on length or weight for breakdown so will now instruct sv tech to uprate it for the price of £260 + vat. It's due for renewal next month so will give aib a try
Thanks chris

I am with Caravan Guard too... uk and European breakdown for our 4.5t and in 5 years nobody has beaten them on price.

Just getting my European Breakdown cover and got a bad surprise. AA & RAC limit length to 7m !

So going to Driver Guardian who cover up to 8.5m as standard and 12m manually.

ADAC are 108euro up to 10m and 7500kg, covering you and partner in any vehicle throughout Europe. Good for us as it covers motorhome, car at home and scooter when off with van.

ADAC for me, every time.
Even got "home start" after I'd been away in Europe for months & the car was dead as a door nail on return.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back