Euro Tunnel?

Talbot

How strict are they if you turn up to catch an earlier train than the one you booked ?

Euro tunnel

Not strict at all in my experience as long as there is capacity on the train. So it may be different experience in peak holiday season. On booking in I have always been given the option of taking an earlier departure ( up to two hours earlier on most occasions ) for no extra cost or to take my pre booked train. There is also an option to take any other train but at an increased cost.

Usually two hours each way, no problem but if you go into a different price band then you have to pay the difference or wait, depends on how busy they are as well. :wave:

Hi Talbot,

I always try to arrive early and have caught an earlier train on the last few crossings apart from last year when we had a two hour delay with Immigrant on the line.

Snowbirds.:dance:

How strict are they if you turn up to catch an earlier train than the one you booked ?

Usually two hours each way, no problem but if you go into a different price band then you have to pay the difference or wait, depends on how busy they are as well. :wave:

I don't think that's correct. They will place you on an earlier departure at no extra cost subject to availability, but no more than two hours earlier.

If you miss your train I am not certain what rules are applied.

Up to two hours either way guaranteed no charge, on next train available. Up to 24 either hours either way on next train available paying any price difference. Over 24 hours ticket no longer valid.

However I have turned up several times many days early on the return leg (not days late) and only ever paid the price difference.

The system is fair, flexible and so much better thank the ferry particularly with regard to arriving at a time not booked on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back