EU Roaming.

Why not put the roaming date limit stress behind you and buy a SIM card local to the country you are visiting?

France Reglo 120GB for €15 monthly. Spain Llaymaya €120GB for €30 every 28 days. No way am I spending £1500 or more on a rooftop satellite dish when I want more than just watching TV. Much U.K. live TV is rubbish anyway (IMHO but others may disagree) so streamed stuff it is in the Mopedwagon.

And then you can get the cheapest U.K. contract available that meets your U.K. needs and not focus on who is best for roaming, which may cost you more over a 24 month contract.

Last edited:
Do you need a French address to get a data sim over there or here in my case? Have satellite which was on the van when I bought it but now the main UK channels seem to come up as no signal on Astra 2 I think they do a targeted (spot?) transmission for them. Anyway data seems the obvious choice and I seem to get 4g in anything bigger than a hamlet.

I spent 6 winters touring Europe up until the pandemic and must have bought data sim cards in most countries. Never had to give a local address. Had to show a passport in all countries apart from Portugal but they just took a photocopy.

Mind you I was an EU citizen then. Has it all changed now?

Those two data sims mentioned above require passport only,

There are several good threads on this subject in the international travel section.

Yesterdays event ( R.I.P. Ma'am ) was a once in a lifetime event which we wanted to watch on the full HD 24" tv causing the huge data usage for us whilst abroad.

Normally i just watch the BBC News headlines for a couple of minutes via my phone so apart from that we don't bother with tv whilst over here.

My mobile contract with 25GB free roaming is normally way more than enough to cover my needs and is only £10 per month.

Do you need a French address to get a data sim over there or here in my case? Have satellite which was on the van when I bought it but now the main UK channels seem to come up as no signal on Astra 2 I think they do a targeted (spot?) transmission for them. Anyway data seems the obvious choice and I seem to get 4g in anything bigger than a hamlet.
You may need a French address for some French SIMs, but Réglo Mobile do not require French residence, simply proof of ID and address. UK photocard driving licence is perfectly acceptable (passport does not show address). There are already other threads with details of Réglo Mobile and their offering and various options for managing it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back