EU Entry and Exit System

AHH, I see. I have no problem with that. I was thinking ink pad, stand against a light background with a board held up! 😂😂😂
Yes stripy suit on etc !
They photograph your prints
If same as USA they do some kind of photography thing with your eye too

Having entered the USA hundreds of times and in a number of places I have noticed that the regular long delays are down to staffing levels rather than any particular system taking time. I would imagine that this will also hold true for entry to the EU.

Having entered the USA hundreds of times and in a number of places I have noticed that the regular long delays are down to staffing levels rather than any particular system taking time. I would imagine that this will also hold true for entry to the EU.
Also depends on where you are coming from and/or what other flights are coming in at same time, never noticed much of a problem entering from UK, but entering from central america can take ages.

In 1966 I went on a school trip to Paris. Boat train from Newhaven as I recall. On the way to Newhaven I realised my dad hadn't given me my passport. Or to put it another way I had forgotten my passport. I told teacher. He said sit in amongst the group, say nothing, don't laugh or mess about. In France the passport officer got on the train and inspected all the passengers' passports. When he got to our section our teacher said "16 pupils on a school trip, I have checked all their passports" (in French of course). The officer counted the 16 children and moved on to the next carriage. My dad posted my passport to the place we were staying for the fortnight.

This system was first proposed under the acronym ETIAS in 2016, and it's already missed several planned starts. First they have to be sure the computers can handle the data, then every EU country has to install the kit in every port, airport and border crossing with the outside world . . . at their own expense, and pace. Don't hold your breath for when the system finally goes live.

I thought it was a good idea until you here Klaus Schwab "you will own nothing & be happy" his 15 min city's where you won't be traveling anywhere & what better way of stopping you than bio metrics.

Pre brexit, my husband was let into Spain with our grandson by showing his driving licence. We had been separated when leaving the plane as I went with mum who is disabled. I had the passports and they said we would meet up at passport control, so no problem. We went through a different way.... and Dave was left waiting. He must have looked ok to the border control! Can't see that happening now :(

Pre brexit, my husband was let into Spain with our grandson by showing his driving licence. We had been separated when leaving the plane as I went with mum who is disabled. I had the passports and they said we would meet up at passport control, so no problem. We went through a different way.... and Dave was left waiting. He must have looked ok to the border control! Can't see that happening now :(
Extremely helpful by the Spanish customs officer. As we were not in the Schengen passports were mandatory for us, even when we were in the EU.
I remember the long queues at Palma Airport with hundreds “flashing“ their passports to the customs office who would merely nod his head and let you through. The Germans and others had no passport control whatsoever as they were in the Schengen. I dread to think what ETIAS will mean with hundreds waiting to be checked.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back