Engine warning light "check engine" AGAIN

RSD7a

18 plate Relay. Nox sensor replaced in Jan, now (aaaarghhhh) another engine fault showing this time Air intake P2448 fault code. Van in limp mode plus unusual whistling sound when engine under load above 1800 rpm ish.

Friendly breakdown man inspected terminals on the air intake sensor and did visual inspection of all relevant pipes ( turbo etc) as far as possible at roadside. Nothing obviously wrong so he deleted the fault code and with the vehicle idling all looked well.

I resumed my journey and within a mile as soon as I accelerated the fault returned. I've since limped from Inverness to home in East Lothian which was ok apart from 40 mph on long uphills. Could achieve 60+ on the flat with light throttle.

Questions.
1. Anyone encountered this fault and any wisdom to share.
2. My son's due to use the van for a 250 mile round trip at the weekend. If it's not fixed, are there any risks to the van in doing the trip in limp mode?

IMG_20240505_151101083.jpg

To complete the saga, it was a surprisingly small slit in the lengthy turbo hose. All back to normal now.

The rather genteel but brilliant local independent I frequent never ask for money on collection. Instead they send an invoice in the post often quite some time later. So at the moment, I've no idea how much this will have cost ....

Back