Engine warning injector problem

Derekoak

First day in Spain, near Huesca, -6C de-iced the windows, started my fiat doblo. An engine block symbol stayed on. The manual said it was" to do with injectors, can drive moderately, may be low in power, may cause increased emissions, can cause engine damage if left. If the fault disappears the light will go, but it will be remembered!,!"
There was no other symptoms. I switched the engine off and on again. Warning came on again. Drove until everything was warm. The car climbed a steep hill with no loss of power. I pulled off the road and switched off and on again, still the warning light. We were by a repsol garage the optima more expensive diesel did not seem too expensive. So we filled up to full, 2/3 of a tank of the better diesel. As soon as we started again the warning light did not appear. A day later everything is still fine. Surely the previous diesel was still filling the injector pipes? I find it hard to believe that the better diesel did an instant injector clean! Still It saved an expensive visit to a garage. Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

Diesel is returned to the tank at the same time as it is being injected so fuel will be moved through the system quickly.

Don't always rely on the ECU telling you the truth, my Renault Master told me a similar lie some 30,000 miles ago, so I blatted the engine almost to death to well and truly clear out the tubes and I have remembered ever since to give it a full load thrash from time to time ever since and ever since it has run perfectly.

A drop of water/dirt or driving too slow can do as you describe, my car did it last week after a plug lead was not on correct, the warning light went out after 50 miles as I'm told they do when the brain wakes up to what is really happening, to much crap in modern wagons.

Don't always rely on the ECU telling you the truth, my Renault Master told me a similar lie some 30,000 miles ago, so I blatted the engine almost to death to well and truly clear out the tubes and I have remembered ever since to give it a full load thrash from time to time ever since and ever since it has run perfectly.
Spot on, it’s been stated on here before but it’s important that you occasionally drive your Motorhome, car or any other Diesel engine in the wrong lower gear for a few minutes to help clear out the gunk that builds up within the engine. Modern vehicles with 9 speed auto boxes are designed for quieter smoother running, which is fine 99% of the time, but it’s important every six months or so to drive the Motorhome as if it’s someone else’s you don’t like.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back