Engine re-map

mike17

Hi, we have a 2004 lunar Newstar on a Fiat Ducato body with a 2.0 jtd engine, It was very under powered so we had an engine re-map, increasing it from 84bhp to 110bhp which cost £240,the difference has been well worth the cost. we now pull up these Devon hills easily, spending a lot more time in 5th gear, we have just returned from a trip to the Nottingham,With the extra power we were able to easily accelerate past lorries, cruising at 65mph getting 27mpg. If you are thinking of having a re-map, get it done by a reputable person who guarantees the work. Looking forward to lots of trips this summer.:D:D:D

Do you have a dyno graph showing before and after remapping. If so could you possibly post it. :cheers:

Be careful remapping as to much bhp may spin wheels ,torque is more important in small diesels which gives you the low down pull from zero to about 50mph at low to mid rpm.

i needed a new clutch on my fiat 2.8 after the remap. it was brilliant but it did cost a clutch and i think the new one was just starting to go when i part ex'd it

i needed a new clutch on my fiat 2.8 after the remap.................................

So did I,cost 200 quid for a remap and 500 for a new clutch,never again.

Had mine done about 3 months ago have already noticed a huge increase in torque, only had mine done for economy as we have a lot of long distance travelling this year, company that did it did say I would notice a difference in torque as-well as mpg, do not go for speed as this will mess up lots of other things to do with the engine.
So far over the moon with mine.

Had mine done about 3 months ago have already noticed a huge increase in torque, only had mine done for economy as we have a lot of long distance travelling this year, company that did it did say I would notice a difference in torque as-well as mpg, do not go for speed as this will mess up lots of other things to do with the engine.

As i said torque good,bhp not so good.

Forgot to say paid £150.00p friend of a friend, genuine company M Teck Racing Wiltshire.

Be careful remapping as to much bhp may spin wheels ,torque is more important in small diesels which gives you the low down pull from zero to about 50mph at low to mid rpm.

I had spoken to a few mechanics I know before we had the re-map, all said as I am not a boy racer it should not increase any extra wear on the clutch or gearbox, I always try to keep my rpm to under 3000rpm, thanks for your kind thoughts

what has the clutch got to do with a remap??? it is only people that think that they have changed their engine capacity and the wrong right foot that are at fault not the remap, I have had to date 4 motorhomes remapped and even when they were exchanged the clutch and everything else was fine, last one a ducato 250 2.2 after a remap achieved a fantastic 39.4 to the gallon, ok that was following my mate to Benidorm and back and he owns a big autotrail apache with same engine as mine, he couldn't believe it but he did by looking at the trip computer twice ?? on our own going down to Sicily and back it returned a good 37 to the gallon, so ease up on your right foot and set the cruise control on if you can and see the difference:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

what has the clutch got to do with a remap??? it is only people that think that they have changed their engine capacity and the wrong right foot that are at fault not the remap, I have had to date 4 motorhomes remapped and even when they were exchanged the clutch and everything else was fine, last one a ducato 250 2.2 after a remap achieved a fantastic 39.4 to the gallon, ok that was following my mate to Benidorm and back and he owns a big autotrail apache with same engine as mine, he couldn't believe it but he did by looking at the trip computer twice ?? on our own going down to Sicily and back it returned a good 37 to the gallon, so ease up on your right foot and set the cruise control on if you can and see the difference:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

Why pay for more horses just to leave them in the stable?
And cruise control isn't very economical either, I beat it using my right foot by about 4 mpg in the car.

Why pay for more horses just to leave them in the stable?
And cruise control isn't very economical either, I beat it using my right foot by about 4 mpg in the car.

I was going to say the same but thank you for doing it for me.

Don't forget to tell your Insurance Company that you have MODIFIED the engine. If you have an accident they may refuse to pay.

Don't forget to tell your Insurance Company that you have MODIFIED the engine. If you have an accident they may refuse to pay.

Had my engine remapped and I'm pleased with the results. Advised my insurance company so all's well there. But if I hadn't and if I had an accident how would they know? After what type of accident would they make efforts to discover if my engine had been remapped. If I bought a vehicle with a remapped engine and was unaware of the remapping, what then? Does anyone have experience of claims being rejected post accident due to an engine remapping?

Pat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back