Engine Battery Replacement

alwaysared

Hi All,

This cold weaher as tested my starter battery to the limit so I'm now looking at a replacement and of course Alpha was my first port of call and they list 7 batteries ranging from £85.00 to £225.00 the lowest end being an Elektron with 3 years warranty and the highest being a Bosch with 5 years warranty. In between they have a make called Jenox but I've never hear of them :unsure: Any one had any experience with them? On another note I can get a Yuasa locally with either a 3 year warranty (£113.00) or 5 year warranty (£150.00) and of course being a biker I have heard of Yuasa (y)

Regards,
Del

Jenox never heard of them del but I'd imagine if alpha are selling them theyre a tried n tested as I've always had great results from them
wished I could be of more help mate but remember alpha warranties are really good ( peace of mind) imho

Hi All,

This cold weaher as tested my starter battery to the limit so I'm now looking at a replacement and of course Alpha was my first port of call and they list 7 batteries ranging from £85.00 to £225.00 the lowest end being an Elektron with 3 years warranty and the highest being a Bosch with 5 years warranty. In between they have a make called Jenox but I've never hear of them :unsure: Any one had any experience with them? On another note I can get a Yuasa locally with either a 3 year warranty (£113.00) or 5 year warranty (£150.00) and of course being a biker I have heard of Yuasa(y)

Regards,
Del
Jenox is a Brand new to the Uk that Alpha is selling - possibly with an exclusive agreement?
They are a battery from Poland and I know the owner of Alpha spent a couple of weeks in Poland to check out the company before deciding to resell them.

I bought a new Starter Battery for my car last month as the original battery looking like it was maybe struggling in the cold at 7 years old - and when I looked at the various options, I selected the Jenox Gold battery. Very good price and significantly less than the 'regular' brands like Bosch. And with a 6 year warranty from Alpha, who is a company that DO take their warranties seriously, it looked to me like a great deal :)

Can't say how good it is yet, but I have 6 years to moan at them if it plays up ;)

Last edited:
Jenox is a Brand new to the Uk that Alpha is selling - possibly with an exclusive agreement?
They are a battery from Poland and I know the owner of Alpha spend a couple of weeks in Poland to check out the company before deciding to resell them.

I bought a new Starter Battery for my car last month as the original battery looking like it was maybe struggling in the cold at 7 years old - and when I looked at the various options, I selected the Jenox Gold battery. Very good price and significantly less than the 'regular' brands like Bosch. And with a 6 year warranty from Alpha, who is a company that DO take their warranties seriously, it looked to me like a great deal :)

Can't say how good it is yet, but I have 6 years to moan at them if it plays up ;)
Just took a look at those David, they look excellent, 6 yr warranty for around £100 is impressive. I've not checked the small print of the Ts and Cs but from what I've learned there could be a proviso that you cant use the battery on a vehicle with a smart alternator? If not and you also have a smart alt then maybe screenshot the terms in case they try and slip the smart alt clause in in future.

Just took a look at those David, they look excellent, 6 yr warranty for around £100 is impressive. I've not checked the small print of the Ts and Cs but from what I've learned there could be a proviso that you cant use the battery on a vehicle with a smart alternator? If not and you also have a smart alt then maybe screenshot the terms in case they try and slip the smart alt clause in in future.
My current battery is an AGM type battery, which is a requirement for a vehicle with Stop-Start, and the Jenox is not an AGM.
However ... my vehicle does NOT have Stop-Start or any kind of regenerative charging, therefore there is no need for an AGM. So Alpha were happy for the Jenox to be used in replacement.

But you make a valid point regarding ensuring any battery selected is suitable for the application you are buying for (y)

Hi All,

This cold weaher as tested my starter battery to the limit so I'm now looking at a replacement and of course Alpha was my first port of call and they list 7 batteries ranging from £85.00 to £225.00 the lowest end being an Elektron with 3 years warranty and the highest being a Bosch with 5 years warranty. In between they have a make called Jenox but I've never hear of them :unsure: Any one had any experience with them? On another note I can get a Yuasa locally with either a 3 year warranty (£113.00) or 5 year warranty (£150.00) and of course being a biker I have heard of Yuasa(y)

Regards,
Del
I'm an expert on batteries Del, I'm your go to guy.

Honest.:unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back