End of an era.

iampatman

Sold the motorhome yesterday, being collected today. Sold it to a dealer so didn’t get as much as I would have liked but hey ho.
We’ve had so many adventures and had so much fun in the van and we’ll miss it. It took us all over Western Europe, down through Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria to Greece, across to Morocco and hardly missed a beat. We did over 50,000 miles in five and a half years. Met some interesting,funny, helpful and just plain crazy folk during our travels some of whom we now consider to be good friends, not just the crazy folk:) We’ve had some of the best times of our lives.
And this forum has been an amazing source of information, inspiration and support. There doesn’t seem to be a question or a problem that somebody here can’t help out with a solution and the advice and help we’ve received has been invaluable.

Happy and trouble free travels to you all,

Pat

It will be a sad moment watching your van driving away without you in it but all good things come to an end. We will be doing the same very shortly we’ve had our van 7 years and done 72,000 miles in it and been all over Scotland and it’s Islands and have many happy memories. Time for a new chapter in our lives so the van will be sadly sold. Going to buy a new house in one of our favourite parts of Scotland so It hopefully will feel like a permanent holiday.

we're fortunate, ours is disintegrating at the same rate as we are, so when we eventually tumble from our perches, Sue and I can have a 'Viking' funeral in our tin tent :banana::banana::raofl:

Yep Life moves on

I am pleased to read about your great times travelling.
As you say great memories and people.

As I wrote to you and am happy for others to knoe
We got ours in 2010 whilst I was still working !
Retired in 2013 so 6 more great years so far only in the summer
2019 maybe Switzerland and Scotland
2020 Planning Canada and USA
2021 Maybe Scandinavia again

But who knows ?
At some stage we will sell as you have done "Lock Stock and Barrel"

In the words of the song "Don't know when Don't know where"

I hope you new "full-time" life in Spain works out well.

I am sad to say that with events and Life in UK as it has changed over the last 5 years or so makes your choice to live abroad eminently sensible !
Best wishes for Manyana

Good luck, Pat.
Hope you will continue to be a valuable member of our community?
You don't actually HAVE to own a motorhome, to contribute on here.

All the best for the future Pat & Phil.
Sad to say goodbye to the lovely Lunar but you are off another new adventure - have fun!

I am pleased to read about your great times travelling.
As you say great memories and people.

As I wrote to you and am happy for others to knoe
We got ours in 2010 whilst I was still working !
Retired in 2013 so 6 more great years so far only in the summer
2019 maybe Switzerland and Scotland
2020 Planning Canada and USA
2021 Maybe Scandinavia again

But who knows ?
At some stage we will sell as you have done "Lock Stock and Barrel"

In the words of the song "Don't know when Don't know where"

I hope you new "full-time" life in Spain works out well.

I am sad to say that with events and Life in UK as it has changed over the last 5 years or so makes your choice to live abroad eminently sensible !
Best wishes for Manyana

We are in a similar position.
Are we in injury time or heading for a penalty shoot out..?
Until The Great Referee in the sky, blows that whistle , we just dont know.
There's 3 of us in this adventure... two pensioners and the van.. which ever conks out first, will determine ' close of play ' .

We are in a similar position.
Are we in injury time or heading for a penalty shoot out..?
Until The Great Referee in the sky, blows that whistle , we just dont know.
There's 3 of us in this adventure... two pensioners and the van.. which ever conks out first, will determine ' close of play ' .

I would go for VAR
but seriously as you post.......

You have your home in Portugal (I think)
WE in Thailand ( I/We do not plan to live in a house in UK again)

So we can ignore (mainly) the B nonsense

Keep going keep going keep going ..Until ?

Cliché I am well aware,,but last 12 months has taught me live with no regrets Carpe diem for non of us know what tomorrow brings.

I was berated by family on my escapades, but so glad I did because realistically today for the time being at least slave to a very clever machine

Non of us know what the future holds so Nike just do it

Good luck to all of you

Channa

getting rid of the motorhome doesn't mean you can't have a small van with few amenities [2 burner, portaloo mattress etc] for days out , or just to get away from the house. we've been pretty much grounded for a while now , but i can still drive to a park or beach and have a fry-up and a different view

Good luck and best wishes Pat & Phil, it was a real pleasure meeting you both.
The people we have met through motorhoming and who have travelled the most in both miles and years, do seem to be the most chilled and and the happiest people we have come across. Izzy and I have been inspired by you the experienced travellers [ yeah, yeah, even you Paul:wave:]
If we manage to do half of what you guys have done then we will be truly blessed.

If anybody is wondering if it's worth becoming a full member please read above posts, thanks for sharing and all the best in your futures :goodluck:

I will be sorry not to read about your travels, but life has stages. Very best of luck with your new life.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back