Yes I find tht strangw ?
My control unit is as shown below
The 2 right hand switches 1 allow the eCU to o perate
2 ontrols the water pump
They are simple on/offf

The Left hand swwith is a rocker type one way of LB other way for EB

The swith is mounted at eye level near the door with the innards in a locker

1619453210209.png

Everyone is guessing, which while it's all best intentions, may do more harm than good. At the very least we need a photo of exactly what is tripping.
Yes we aren’t there at the moment so we will take a picture when we are back. The replies have been very useful anyway. As I said the electrician at choose leisure said the battery was getting over full which we’ve never heard of. So I wondered if other people had heard of that.

Just to answer the ‘Battery’ query.
Yes, a Battery CAN be over ‘Charged’
But as I said in the first post to this thread, Plug in to EHU But Turn Charger off.
See if it trips 🤷🏻‍♂️
That would possibly either hi light a Battery &/Or a Charger Problem, Or something else in the System 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just to be sure and cover the simples

When you say tripping out every morning do you mean you wake up to a tripped system?

For those not following the same conversation on MH ( :rolleyes: ) Hazel posted:

No it isn’t a portable, it’s fixed on the roof. The electric man did say undo it though which we did. We did have electric hook up at that site but had to disconnect that too and the electric came back on about 4. Then we moved to another site with no electric hookup so we connected the solar panels. But exactly the same thing happened. Electric all off after breakfast and would come back on about 4. Someone on the camp site said we must have an old battery but it was fully charged as people tested it.

It would be quite unusual, but it sounds like the solar is turning off the feed to the van. Solar controllers do have an output pair of terminals - that are rarely used - that are designed to power lighting. These can be programmed to come on when it gets dark and switch off when light, so if someone's been pushing buttons it might have changed mode.

Pictures of everything would be useful, especially the solar controller and it's wiring.

What van is it Hazel?

Last edited:
Just to be sure and cover the simples

When you say tripping out every morning do you mean you wake up to a tripped system?
No we manage to boil the kettle and cook our breakfast on the induction hob then if I put the water on to wash up it trips off. Even if I don’t use the water it trips if I try and boil the kettle about 1030

For those not following the same conversation on MH ( :rolleyes: ) Hazel posted:

It would be quite unusual, but it sounds like the solar is turning off the feed to the van. Solar controllers do have an output pair of terminals - that are rarely used - that are designed to power lighting. These can be programmed to come on when it gets dark and switch off when light, so if someone's been pushing buttons it might have changed mode.

Pictures of everything would be useful, especially the solar controller and it's wiring.

What van is it Hazel?
Tribute 715

No we manage to boil the kettle and cook our breakfast on the induction hob then if I put the water on to wash up it trips off. Even if I don’t use the water it trips if I try and boil the kettle about 1030
Do you then do anything to get the power back or just wait?

Tried everything first couple ovv do days and just had to wait, we continued to a Camping club rally to see if anyone knew the answer. That was in a field with no facilities, there happened to be an electric man there checking another van. He checked our battery and said it was full.He didn’t think it was getting overcharged. It happened to come on of course whilst he was there so was ok. Then again next morning off again.

Is this correct;

It happens during or very shortly after you are using the hob for breakfast, boiling water, using water pump etc you lose power to ALL circuits, lights etc. Then you touch nothing and then the power returns after a period of time?

Just to answer the ‘Battery’ query.
Yes, a Battery CAN be over ‘Charged’
But as I said in the first post to this thread, Plug in to EHU But Turn Charger off.
See if it trips 🤷🏻‍♂️
That would possibly either hi light a Battery &/Or a Charger Problem, Or something else in the System 🤷🏻‍♂️
Only if not using a smart charger, old types can cook batteries.

Is this correct;

It happens during or very shortly after you are using the hob for breakfast, boiling water, using water pump etc you lose power to ALL circuits, lights etc. Then you touch nothing and then the power returns after a period of time?
That’s absolutely right !

We’ve had the van for 4 years and use it a lot. We had solar power panels on 2019 and have never had this problem before. We’ve even been to Spain in the hot sun in August and never had the problem. John days it is working tonight but we’ll see tomorrow.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back