Electric hook up on Bilbao ferry?

Does anyone know if there is electric hook up on the Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry? We are on the two night trip on Sunday 7th.
No! We've used the Bilbao ferry loads. Hook up is impossible. You just park up in your lane. Way too many vehicles for cables to be strewn all over the place. It's a great way of getting over to Spain though. Enjoy!

Just so you know - I am not stupid and have no intention of running the fridge on gas on the ferry. The gas would of course be turned off. The whole point of my question was to find out if there was hook up because no other power source was available. I thought that was clear.

My comment was to Spigot who said "Most campers I've spoken to on the ferry don't bother to turn the fridge off."

My hope was to make Spigot and some of the "most campers" rethink what they do.

I'm pleased that, like me, you are one of the campers that do turn the gas off.

Every time i have been on a ferry i have been asked if i have switched off my gas before embarkation.... re food going off.... buy fresh produce and your beer at your destination over the water .

This summer i was in france for 2 months and did not use my fridge at all even in temps of 35+. A fridge is a heavily insulated box and food stays cool inside it for a longer time than we imagine even when it is switched off.

i dont have a fridge in my new house just yet and have an old fashioned larder and am managing fine.

Don't remember ever being asked about gas on channel ferry. Usually do on tunnel though, but not always.

My comment was to Spigot who said "Most campers I've spoken to on the ferry don't bother to turn the fridge off."

My hope was to make Spigot and some of the "most campers" rethink what they do.

I'm pleased that, like me, you are one of the campers that do turn the gas off.

OK, I see - I hope it is not most campers!

inverter

Hollo there the only way you will get hook-up on the ferry is if you use your own inverter is it your freezer you are worried about if so if you put your food in frozen and do not open you freezer it should still be frozen over your two day trip

Update

We got hook up! More by luck than judgement I would have to say. We were loaded right by the 'wall' and there within an arm's length of the cab window was a bank of sockets - the big three pin variety you get on campsites. So we asked and were told "yes". And it worked. I'm still wondering if it will stay on for the whole voyage but will let you know. We were three hours late getting away (01:30!) due to bad weather on the inwards sailing but so far - just a bit of rocking and rolling.

We got hook up! More by luck than judgement I would have to say. We were loaded right by the 'wall' and there within an arm's length of the cab window was a bank of sockets - the big three pin variety you get on campsites. So we asked and were told "yes". And it worked. I'm still wondering if it will stay on for the whole voyage but will let you know. We were three hours late getting away (01:30!) due to bad weather on the inwards sailing but so far - just a bit of rocking and rolling.

Wow!, That’s a bit of luck, I haven’t noticed sockets on the Santander ferry.

My main concern in the past has been homemade sausages & bacon from our local butcher in the freezer. But since learning that any processed, cured or fermented meat contains dangerous carcinogens, we no longer have to worry about that.

I’ll put in some gel blocks from the home freezer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back