Elddis autoquest flue cover

Good point about the ferry companies.

All you experienced motorhomers out there is this possible?

Buy a gaz pigtail and when the one full bottle of calor runs out change pigtails using a jubilee clip that tightens up with a screwdriver and connect the gaz pigtail to a gaz bottle.
Our Autoquest is 2004 so has the 30mbar regulator attached inside the gas bottle locker.

Am I missing something?

Gill
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

gillr49 said:
Good point about the ferry companies.

All you experienced motorhomers out there is this possible?

Buy a gaz pigtail and when the one full bottle of calor runs out change pigtails using a jubilee clip that tightens up with a screwdriver and connect the gaz pigtail to a gaz bottle.
Our Autoquest is 2004 so has the 30mbar regulator attached inside the gas bottle locker.

Am I missing something?

Gill
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i see no reason why not if you can buy a pigtail/connector without the regulator.
i dont know how gaz bottles connect. worth looking into though.

john.

Thnks Papajohn
You can buy the pigtails that fit directly into the top of all propane/butane bottles from www.caktanks.co.uk
GCYADG adaptor butane pigtail gaz £6.98 inc.VAT

For that money we're going to try it
Thanks again
Gill
:) :) :) :)

It works :D :D :D :D

Now have a gaz bottle + pigtail + rubber pipe and fitting to screw onto our 30mbar fitted regulator
and a red calor gas bottle with pipe and fitting to screw in
Both tested and OK
Feel better about touring France now.
Have also ordered flat hose and bought some fendox.
Thanks everyone for advice

thanks_graphics_01.gif

Gill with regards your gas ,i will be surprised if you run out of gas if you can get 2 in bottles 13 and 7 or even 2x 7kg unless your heavy on the gas you should be ok.We went for 2 weeks on half full 7kg and only changed onto full one on last day
Rob

Rob, thanks for your comments
The reason we've done this is because next year we hope to travel through Europe from April to August (4 months) and did not want even a small chance of running out. We know gaz will be more expensive but the idea is to bomb down to Italy / Greeces, cut accross France to Spain / Portugal and spend the last 2 months in France touring and meeting up with friends and visiting rellies.

We could stay longer, who knows.
Roll on 2008 and may the road raise up to meet us.

Thanks again
christmas_graphics_07a.gif

Pappajohn.......thanks, just put a bid on.
I cant criticise now, put the new cover on and noone can get it off!!

Just got back from the Yorkshire Dales, some lovely laybyes just before Skipton
Have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend
Weather looks good for once (fingers crossed)

hi gill.
if you look closely it looks to me like a short length of plastic sink waste with a few stategic saw cuts to make what could be an old fashioned drinks can opener.
very easy to make :D but the seller probably make a lot of them. good luck to him for thinking of it :cool:

john

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back