Ecoflow River 2

Cigy plug sockets are 10 amp max, thats why it melted, dont see any point in having ecoflow if you have proper batteries.
The ecoflow delta 2 provides 240 volts at 1500w that provides the opportunity to use micro wave oven toaster etc , I have a modern van with poor electrics so cannot fit lithium without major upgrades to my sargent system PS I have lead carbon battery bazz

It melted so quickly and badly I have not been able to check the plug fuse it's impossible to remove it
I get the fact that you've got a brand new ciggy socket but that doesn't count for a lot because the positive 'pin' connection especially has very low surface area, they may be ok for lighting a fag but that takes just seconds, your Ecoflow will be drawing current for way way longer.
The wiring is protected by 2 fuses, one in the plug and another in the wiring to the ceramic socket, as Okta has stated IF the Ecoflow was taking excessive current then one of them would have blown, that points to a reasonable theory that it's nothing more than contact resistance within the connection, that could be the plug and socket it's self or the connections within the plug including the fuse holder jaws. Now if the ciggy plug isn't up to the job then yes that's poor on Ecoflow's part but spending ages only to swap out one crap ciggy plug for another isn't personally a route I'd take, I'd just re-wire with an Anderson connector and be done.
Yep we could be wrong and as you claim the Ecoflow is indeed "definitely faulty" but whenever someone says "Ciggy plug gets hot" then a Pound to a penny it's just too much current through a rubbish design, no one cant really make a safe diagnosis without ascertaining it's current draw, you need a DC clamp meter for that.

They sell these power packs with a cigarette lighter type charge cable though @merl so it should be fit for use. The car charger with the Delta 2 is only rated at 8 amps though

They sell these power packs with a cigarette lighter type charge cable though @merl so it should be fit for use. The car charger with the Delta 2 is only rated at 8 amps though
Maybe not then Neil, but only MAYBE! Clamp meter needed for a definitely 😉

Back