Ecoflow River 2

Eriba

Purchased almost month ago, to support my laptop charging as work remotely in my MH.
What a mistake, it drew so much current it melted the 22volt charger plug, fortunately the socket was a ceramic fused outlet and the 25 amp fuse blew.
Lost faith and returned it for a refund absolutely no suggestion the retailer Leroy Merlin in France would rectify or refund me.
No response from Ecoflow as yet and only an offer to return to Ecoflow by LEROY Merlin.
What has your experience been with this unit, views much appreciated

I will obviously hold my opinion until both have time to reply, however I have a guy feeling all is not what it might seem

I will obviously hold my opinion until both have time to reply, however I have a guy feeling all is not what it might seem
From what I have seen third hand they exchange units usually although a couple got refunds. I didn’t mean you wouldn’t get anywhere with it

Sadly France's returns policy if not good at all, I have heard many bad stories. Offer of repair is their normal response even on non functioning new items, and don't hold your breath!

Mine disappeared in ecoflow land , I bought it over the counter locally, after 3 months waiting, for repair, no correspondence the shop gave me a full refund , i returned it to the shop they did the return, makes a joke of 5 years warranty, ,

Last edited:
I have had no problems with my Ecoflow River 2. Not sure what you are referring to when you say it melted the “22volt charger plug”. The 12v/24v charger plug that came with my unit contains a 15A fuse. This fuse should have blown way earlier than a 25A fuse popped elsewhere. This suggests to me the fault does not lie in the Ecoflow but in the vehicle socket or wiring you are trying to use to charge it.

I have had no problems with my Ecoflow River 2. Not sure what you are referring to when you say it melted the “22volt charger plug”. The 12v/24v charger plug that came with my unit contains a 15A fuse. This fuse should have blown way earlier than a 25A fuse popped elsewhere. This suggests to me the fault does not lie in the Ecoflow but in the vehicle socket or wiring you are trying to use to charge it.
Cigy plug sockets are 10 amp max, thats why it melted, dont see any point in having ecoflow if you have proper batteries.

I appreciate that I had a ceramic 25 socket fitted which survived with not a mark!
I work onsite at times and cycle although cafés are very accommodating sometimes I need a charge away from the camper.
Very disappointed with the service and back up, of both parties.
Thank goodness it was not an expensive unit.
I will not use it again as fire in a camper is no joke

My typo it was the 12 volt socket fitted Especially for auxiliary use up to 25 amp fused at 20 amps.
Quite an alarming experience in an enclosed space.
I suspect the unit developed a fault and drew excessive current.

Back