Eco Flow Delta 2 Power pack

Nigel L

Anyone have one of these?
Been looking at them lately, as we tend to do a fair bit of off-grid camping, and having the facility for a live 240 v socket in the van occasionally is very tempting.
With Black Friday comming up fast, there may be a few deals about.
Any thoughts/experiences would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I have 2 Eco-Flows, have to say they are very good, but they are also very expensive.

I get trade prices and bought both of mine during sales periods, therefore public prices were reduced 10%, I then got another 10% trade discount and being vat registered I claimed the vat back as I bought them for work.

This made them worth it for me, as I carry one on the van and charge the other off Solar to then run kit off grid (Don’t buy their solar panels, too expensive)

I take one in the motorhome only if I’m going to be stationary for several days and expect poor light and in an area thats not generator friendly.

I will say though, if I was starting out again I’d seriously look at the Eco-Flow option rather than the lithium, inverter and build on generator that I have now, mostly because the Eco-flow can easily be used anywhere and it’s much easier if you change vans.

Dependant on your batteries I do have a 3kw inverter going cheap.

Here

The Ecoflow App is the best in this marketplace giving users plenty of control over their products including how fast you want the battery to charge and any maximum and minimum range setting if you feel this might extend battery life. Personally I am happy with a 0% to 100% setting. There are also regular firmware updates over WiFi offering tweaks and new features.

All power packs have inefficiencies so expect to have available around 82% of the quoted battery size after the power is inverted. This may be a slightly pessimistic figure but better to be on the safe side with calculations and then have some in reserve.

The good news is the Delta 2 power pack can be expanded with additional expansion batteries that are available if ultimately more power is required.

And you need a means of charging so give thoughts to this also.

You need to calculate how much daily power you will be using. And only then will you determine whether 1024wh x 82% = 840wh of useable power is enough to meet your daily requirements.

Fact is even if you have a plain lithium battery, any inverter used with it will suffer a percentage power loss as part of the 240v AC power conversion. So this is not just limited to power banks.

Once you have a power bank and a charging method that meets your style of touring you will become a power bank addict!

As you say look out for Black Friday deals but also bear in mind that sometimes this gives manufacturers a chance to dispose of stocks of older models with a 2024 product launch to follow.

Last edited:
The Delta 2 is an excellent power bank; I love mine. It is almost perfect; the only thing for me that lets it down is the voltage drop on the 12v socket. If you want to run anything like a diesel heater with a high startup current, then it won't work, as the voltage drop will cause the diesel heater to shutdown.

The Delta 2 is an excellent power bank; I love mine. It is almost perfect; the only thing for me that lets it down is the voltage drop on the 12v socket. If you want to run anything like a diesel heater with a high startup current, then it won't work, as the voltage drop will cause the diesel heater to shutdown.
You could put a little 12V-13.8V booster in series to get round that maybe? I fitted one of these - https://amzn.to/3MB9hNf - in my Zebra Camper in the diesel heater circuit via a 3-way switch so I could either bypass it in usual use, ro go via the booster if the battery voltage was a bit low.

hi, love mine too, use in our motorhome as well as at home. I got a 2nd delta 2on prime day, fab price. EcoFlow are having a Black Friday day very soon,

Also consider the Anker 757 and 767 I have the latter and its a great bit of kit with a long warranty

I purchased an Eco Flow River 2 used £147 off e bay.
It was only a few months old.
I intend to use it on off grid park ups .
I have just fitted a 2nd battery so have 2x110 amp batterys wired
+ to + /// - to -
I have a small solar panel on dash that gives out 18volts max .
Would I be able to top up the eco flow with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a Delta 2 or a River 2?

Important to know for those looking at Black Friday offers as there is a BIG difference in the price of the two Ecoflow Delta and River ranges.

Regardless if it’s only a small solar panel with an 18v output you might struggle to get any power generated past the Ecoflow internal MCCT controller. Once our 220w 21v Ecoflow panel drops below a 20w threshold our unit does not register a charge on the display. But it is a 2000wh battery.

This threshold might be lower for smaller batteries as they should have less resistance to the power push of the solar charge but I may be right or wrong.

How do others who own power stations get on with minimum solar panel charging thresholds?

Last edited:
Thought it might be. I have noted the eBay seller of these has a few more for sale at around £147 so something of a bargain!

As it’s the River 2 you might find that your small window solar panel might offer up a charge. All you can do is connect it up and see what happens. It does have a lower rated internal MCCT controller to its bigger brothers so who knows it might work.

I actually use my River 2 daily at home to keep mobile devices charged up next to me. In the van I use a 12v socket to charge and the solar panel on the roof keeps the leisure battery charged whilst the River 2 is plugged into the 12v socket. I don’t plug a solar panel in directly. In the van it is used to power the AC 240v DVD player when off grid whilst the TV is plugged into the 12v socket. It prolongs overnight leisure battery life.

I have no experience charging with small window panels.

Last edited:
Do an eBay search and you will locate a seller with a make an offer link.

Thought it might be. I have noted the eBay seller of these has a few more for sale at around £147 so something of a bargain!

As it’s the River 2 you might find that your small window solar panel might offer up a charge. All you can do is connect it up and see what happens. It does have a lower rated internal MCCT controller to its bigger brothers so who knows it might work.

I actually use my River 2 daily at home to keep mobile devices charged up next to me. In the van I use a 12v socket to charge and the solar panel on the roof keeps the leisure battery charged whilst the River 2 is plugged into the 12v socket. I don’t plug a solar panel in directly. In the van it is used to power the AC 240v DVD player when off grid whilst the TV is plugged into the 12v socket. It prolongs overnight leisure battery life.

I have no experience charging with small window panels.
I have charged various USB fishing lamps and a small phone booster and a tablet.
All charged ok But didnt register on the charge indicator but reduces battery power from 98% to 84.
Perhaps they were not taking enough current.
I then charged my Samsung A71 through the house hold 3 pin and It displayed 3 to 5 w.
Reduced the power level to 80%.
Strange thing about the seller after 5 days no notification from 3rd party delivery service I messaged the seller asking if he had any delivery information .

He replied within 10 minutes saying .
I am truly sorry I arranged for my wife to post it but stupid cow still had in in her car boot.
He then sent me a post office next day delivery chit.
Priced at £16 .
It arrived safe by 10am next morning.
Came in a plain box with cables but no hand book.
But it's available on line and the eco flow app.

So, have just bought a Anker Solix C1000. After initially thinking about an Eco Flow Delta 2, after looking at several reviews and you tube reviews etc, went for the Anker route.
with the introductory offer taken into account, paid £749, so quite happy with that. It also has a 5 year guarantee👍

The Anker C1000 looks like a solid robust piece of kit.

Must admit power stations are like PC computers and TVs.

Every year they seem to get better with improving bang for your buck.

Given that this years models all seem to have 5 year warranties fast charging and promise 10 years of life at 3500 cycles give or take with outputs exceeding 1500w or more with trickery to boost even that, what are we going to see by the end of 2024?

At what point do you step in and take the leap?

Do you buy heavily discounted last years models or the latest?

This is how the Apple sales model seems to work and they appear to succeed at it.

One of life’s conundrums when tech is ever advancing.

Same applies of course when making decisions to buy a motorhome or camper van. Well maybe not the same as having been to the NEC show we are content to keep what we have.

However if I purchased yet another power station Mrs Moped would start to question my sanity!

“More power! More power!” Is the mantra.

Well for off gridders anyway.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back