Ebespacher d4 hydronic

jamesuk

Just had my ebespacher fixed... And I've never had one before. Van was new to me this year and have been quite happy without heat upto now. Driving the van gave me hot water..

I'm wondering if they work when the water is drained down for the winter?
I still use the van and would like to keep using the heating but as it does the water too does there need to be water in the system to work?

The switches saw... Hot water or hot water and heat but no heat on its own.
Hope that makes sense?

James.

When we had a vehicle with erbe, we found that if we had heat, we also got hot water, everytime.

I fitted a D5 Hydronic on a boat years ago and it worked just like a miniature version of the boiler at home. The header tank needs to be kept topped up. Piping hot water from the boiler to the heater matrix fan and the calorifier and absolutely reliable. The fuel pump was bit noisy but that was about it!
John

I didn't but the header is part of the coolant system isn't it?

I'm wondering if you need water in the domestic side.... Ie the fresh water tank?

Other wise how can I have a dry van for the winter and still use the heating?

James.

I can't remember if it works without water in the calorifier. Can I suggest that you read the manual?
John

I would also like to know this as the manual mentions the drain down in winter but doesn't say if the heating can still be used while cylinder is empty.

I would also like to know this as the manual mentions the drain down in winter but doesn't say if the heating can still be used while cylinder is empty.

IIRC the water is pumped continuously around the system, through both heat exchanger and calorifier. I thinkiIt fires up the boiler based on returning water temperature and thermostat settings (I think). I imagine that no harm would be done except wasting a little heat on the empty cylinder. I don't know if you have a separate circuit for the cylinder which could be closed, but the pump has to keep running.
John

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back