Eberspacher power source

tidewatcher

I have a 2009 Timberland fitted with an Eberspacher heater and running the usual Sargent electrics for the year. The power for the heater is taken off the distribution panel which automatically switches off when the engine is running. I would like the option of running the heater when the engine is running but cannot find if there is a power supply on the panel which allows this.

Anyone got a heater which runs when the engine is running and if so whereabouts is the power supply from?

I have a 2009 Timberland fitted with an Eberspacher heater and running the usual Sargent electrics for the year. The power for the heater is taken off the distribution panel which automatically switches off when the engine is running. I would like the option of running the heater when the engine is running but cannot find if there is a power supply on the panel which allows this.

Anyone got a heater which runs when the engine is running and if so whereabouts is the power supply from?

Run straight back to the battery with a suitably sized and fused cable allowing for the length of run ....
Eberspachers (and other diesel parking heaters) are susceptible to voltage drop (especially on start up).

Run straight back to the battery with a suitably sized and fused cable allowing for the length of run ....
Eberspachers (and other diesel parking heaters) are susceptible to voltage drop (especially on start up).
That is my fall back position. One of the reasons I want to change the set up is so I can run the engine while starting the heater if the service batteries are a bit low. If the batteries are a bit down the eberspacher really doesn’t like it! Pity there is not a closer access point for the power though.....

That is my fall back position. One of the reasons I want to change the set up is so I can run the engine while starting the heater if the service batteries are a bit low. If the batteries are a bit down the eberspacher really doesn’t like it! Pity there is not a closer access point for the power though.....

An awful lot of problems folks have are often down to voltage drop....

This is my go to bible for eberspacher stuff and has a good section regarding power supply/cable sizes etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back