E.U. Breakdown Cover

Alshymer

Hi
Can anyone give recommendations for breakdown cover in Europe?
We are Nationwide customers so do have the option of changing our joint account to a flex account to take on their policy but wonder if there is anything better.
If you have a flex joint account, can two vehicles be named or just the one?
Any recommendations for anything else would be appreciated.
Best wishes

First time iv heard of banks doing breakdown ins, will have to look into this, im with AIB with breakdown.

I’m pretty sure two vehicles are covered -

any vehicle registered in the UK, being driven by or carrying the Nationwide FlexPlus account holder(s) or a vehicle registered in the UK and owned and registered to the account holder(s), which is being used by the authorised driver with the permission of the account holder(s)

Both our van and car are covered by Nationwide Breakdown. The service when our clutch went in Croatia was excellent.

I’m covered by AIB Breakdown too. I haven’t had to use it in Europe but on the occasions I’ve needed them in the UK, the service has been excellent.

I seem to remember checking the cover provided by the Nationwide policy but it wasn’t suitable for us because there was a maximum vehicle length and /or weight

First time iv heard of banks doing breakdown ins, will have to look into this, im with AIB with breakdown.
It’s quite common over here with packaged bank accounts. There’s usually a monthly fee, but if you use the benefits they can be good value.

We have one with RBS, and in the last few weeks we have had a discount on the ferry to Belfast, £60 cashback on theatre tickets, and a replacement iPhone for my daughter. There are other benefits but the main one is annual worldwide travel insurance for all the family.

It is well known on this forum with Nationwide Flex account.
Trev still trades in dead animal skins, Nationwide means everywhere for oor trev 😂

Our breakdown is through AIB, and fortunately not had cause to make the call.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back