Dvla scam?

jacquigem

Had an email today allegedly from dvla saying they had spotted irregularities and I needed to update my profile or risk having licence cancelled. Pretty sure it's a convincing scam so haven't done anything. Anybody had similar?

Just got me thinking as in the process of changing UK license for Spanish one

I got a phone call today.....
£600 pounds has been transferred from my bank account to an overseas account.
I was instructed to "Press One" to cancel it.......

I hung up the phone and did now't.

Had one the other day saying there was a problem our car VED direct debit and to follow the link to set it up again o_O

It`s only £20 per year for the car so, when we bought it a few years back and thoroughly checking our finances we decided that we could afford the £20 all in one go (y)

We`ve always paid the VED for both vehicles in full at renewal :)

There's a lot of scam phone calls about just now.
A knock on from lockdown and everybody doing a lot more on line than ever before.

I found myself providing my mobile number online for (almost) the first time ever.
Very irritating - but not surprising - that I have suddenly started getting one or two scam calls plus a few sales calls where I had zero beforehand.

100% have never trust the statements - regardless of which website/online service it is - that 'your details will never be shared'....
Pfrrt! Liars. Not all of course, but way more online business liars than people think 😝😈

Thanks for everbodies replys , it is as I thought , but still useful I think to share info on these attacks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back