DVLA change to van with windows

Having got an MOT for my MH today at my normal garage I asked how their new test ramp etc was going. They now need to log in with DVLA. There are cctv cameras that observe the inspection being carried out. You would need to ensure decals were fitted for every test

Having got an MOT for my MH today at my normal garage I asked how their new test ramp etc was going. They now need to log in with DVLA. There are cctv cameras that observe the inspection being carried out. You would need to ensure decals were fitted for every test
Once on the t book it wont mater, not one on my scrapheap.
Mot here are testing for safety no looks

No you wouldn't. MOTs are carried out without reference to the V5C and body types/classifications.

A mate has a MOT station and yes they do have to log into DVLA, how else would the test get onto their computer, but if yours has CCTV then it is nothing to do with the DVLA as far as I know, more to do with an employer keeping an eye on the things, possibly security etc.

Its big brother you are up against.
Are you and Trev related by any chance, MOTs are done as the vehicle is presented, but the V5 isn't present, the tester has no knowledge of vehicle type other than what he/she sees, so I don't know where you are getting this info but I suspect it's a bit dodgy and someone is pulling your leg.

A mate has a MOT station and yes they do have to log into DVLA, how else would the test get onto their computer, but if yours has CCTV then it is nothing to do with the DVLA as far as I know, more to do with an employer keeping an eye on the things, possibly security etc.
Yup. Log on at the start of the test. Then log the finish.
I recall having a test done on my VW T4 which ended up failing due to a number plate bulb, which they immediately replaced at the end of the test, logged into the system again and then passed it. I asked the tester why he couldn't just swap the bulb as it was a quick think to do.
2 reasons:. Not allowed to work on vehicle during test and if an inspector happened to be watching, it would mean trouble. And the test duration is timed and doing remedial work would end up with the test taking longer than expected, which would raise alarm bells (not literally!).

I love the idea of the CCTV in every MOT station connected to DVLA. Going to have a bank of people watching MOT testers all day in how many hundreds and maybe thousands of test stations? Gotta love the paranoia of some folk :D

Yup. Log on at the start of the test. Then log the finish.
I recall having a test done on my VW T4 which ended up failing due to a number plate bulb, which they immediately replaced at the end of the test, logged into the system again and then passed it. I asked the tester why he couldn't just swap the bulb as it was a quick think to do.
2 reasons:. Not allowed to work on vehicle during test and if an inspector happened to be watching, it would mean trouble. And the test duration is timed and doing remedial work would end up with the test taking longer than expected, which would raise alarm bells (not literally!).

I love the idea of the CCTV in every MOT station connected to DVLA. Going to have a bank of people watching MOT testers all day in how many hundreds and maybe thousands of test stations? Gotta love the paranoia of some folk :D
AI can monitor 1000's of cameras at the same time, if that's what they wanted to do. Keep up! 😝 😂

Are you and Trev related by any chance, MOTs are done as the vehicle is presented, but the V5 isn't present, the tester has no knowledge of vehicle type other than what he/she sees, so I don't know where you are getting this info but I suspect it's a bit dodgy and someone is pulling your leg.
Its all on there heads up screen as to veh identity, so yes they know.

Pudsey, I stated the facts as related to me so give me some credibility. Perhaps you should do a bit of research before posting.not read but may be of interest. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dvsa-privacy-notices/dvsas-use-of-cctv-privacy-policy
I wasn't having a go at you but what you passed on.

You said " the facts as related to you" so did you research that first? seems not, and I have not found it saying that they film MOTs and the MOT staff have a right to a certain amount of privacy I expect.

What they can do and what they do do is a very different thing at least for now, in the future who knows, we're all being watched all the time anyway, but for decals none of their business as far as this thread is concerned once they have been applied it is the owners choice if they want to keep them, DVLA nor anyone else has the right to tell you what to do as far as looks go IMHO it's just them being Aholes because they can.

Sorry, these are thef acts related to me by the operator, why should I do any research? I had hoped to be informative but as usual opinions tend to cloud.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back