Dundee

Noah & Nelly

Hi there. Does anyone know of a good stopover in Dundee as we are going to The Blues Bonanza next weekend ?:cool: The nearest campsite is about 7 miles away :( Cheers Noah.

hi Noah
along the waterfront eastward, just past the railway bridge
and before the airport, is a large lay-by.
It carries on for some distance into a dead end
Ive seen campers parked up there during the day
I don't know about overnight though
could be worth checking out.

Thanks for that Nick. I'll have a look at that one. Cheers Jim.

I have done a wee bit of searching too,under the flyover coming off taybridge is ok and at the discovery carpark there is designated m/h spaces abeit you have to pay....

careful of that carpark by the airport, it is (apparently) a popular dogging spot, according to our copper friend. I'm having a think of a better spot, will let you know

Craig

I've been thinking about this over the past couple of hours and am struggling to think of anywhere to recommend...

only thought I've had so far is the car park at Broughty ferry harbour opposite the castle but don't know if the local boy racers still frequent this area as they used to a few years ago, will keep thinking and if I come up with anything better I'll post.

we were at the park below the flyover @taybrige today,spoke to traffic warden and she sait it was ok but if we went across the road to the discovery carpark it was safer,it was really just a parking space for us to go shopping

Hi there , I,m originaly from Dundee , there are a couple of places , one is just outside the west end of Dundee heading towards Perth from Dundee , as soon as you reach the dual carraigeway coming from either the town centre or the bypass around Dundee you come to a big roundabout at the start of the Dundee to Perth dual carraigeway , cross over and you will see a BP garage , just before you reach it there is a very big layby used by lorry drivers , or you can park easily at Broughty Ferry about a mile east of the castle in a big car park right next to the beach ( I use it a lot ) in fact I,m using it tomorrow , both are free and safe ( the beach one is quietest ) , if it,s a camping site you want , Riverview Caravan Park just 3 miles outside Dundee to the east .
Hope this helps .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back