Ducato query

tailgate

Free Member
If I get a 130bhp ducato will it have enough power to up rate the vans weight (3500 to 3850)and tow our car on a aframe.

Tia

You should check with the motorhome manufacturer. Our 3500kg Swift on a Ducatto 130hp chassis has a towing limit of 2000kg.

For me the major consideration would be the maximum gradient limit when fully laden and towing. Our Swift struggles up some of the hills around Devon and that is without towing!

My iveco is 120bhp and i have towed a car trailer with a car on it,did not even no it was on my tail except on very steep hills,but then thats what the gear box is for,change down leather to tin.

Should be ok. Our 2005 2.8jtd which is nominally 128bhp drags the Hobby 750 around well enough and that is a big old bus.

Cheers

H

If I get a 130bhp ducato will it have enough power to up rate the vans weight (3500 to 3850)and tow our car on a aframe. Tia

The power is nothing to do with up rating the weight that's the vehicle design when you know which van your having give SVtec a call then you'll know for sure. As for the power to pull a lot of people do manage with the 130 bhp as there's not a lot of choice really

It's torque you need to get you up the hills and as said you have to maybe
drop down a cog.
My van has a huge 88 BHP the GVW is 6.6tonnes and is rated 10tonne max.
trainweight, 8.8BHP per tonne....pathetic!
I generally run @ around 5tonnes..... 88BHP and 284Nm torque @ 1400 to 2200 rpm
is enough get me up any hill I've ever encountered because it has reasonable torque and low
gearing to match, very rarely drop below 3rd gear. But it's slow progress.
Mind you I don't reckon I would ever really think running fully loaded
with a 3.5tonne trailer (10tonnes) would be practical in the real world.:scared:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back