Ducato horn relay

mfw

Ok horns packed up is it the red relay by the fuse or is it one of the black relays - hate electrics - i think it is the red one but not sure - not wasting money for nothing - thanks

If you're not sure wether it the fuse or the relay, you can obviously change the fuse or swap it with another the same value.
Also you can do the same with the relay assuming there is a similar one on your van.

Ok horns packed up is it the red relay by the fuse or is it one of the black relays - hate electrics - i think it is the red one but not sure - not wasting money for nothing - thanks

Take the wires off the horn and connect it directly to the battery to see if it works ? :unsure:

• Thank You
Reactions: mfw
If you're not sure wether it the fuse or the relay, you can obviously change the fuse or swap it with another the same value.
Also you can do the same with the relay assuming there is a similar one on your van.
Replaced horn with the same because it wasn't great ( old age ) new one isn't a lot better but it honked a couple of times and failed anyway horn is new - nothing at all wrong with fuse - leaves me 2 options either it's the relay or it's the contact in the steering wheel - if it is the red 30A relay there is 1 spare in there if it is black there are more - i think it is the red relay but i'm clueless on electrics

Replaced horn with the same because it wasn't great ( old age ) new one isn't a lot better but it honked a couple of times and failed anyway horn is new - nothing at all wrong with fuse - leaves me 2 options either it's the relay or it's the contact in the steering wheel - if it is the red 30A relay there is 1 spare in there if it is black there are more - i think it is the red relay but i'm clueless on electrics
Third option: the brand new horn has failed.

• Thank You
Reactions: mfw
I had an issue with the horn on a Ducato. Horn and fuses were fine, turned out the brass contacts under the central horn press had corroded. I seem to remember following a Youtube tutorial to get into the dam thing, but it worked until we got rid a few years later.

I had an issue with the horn on a Ducato. Horn and fuses were fine, turned out the brass contacts under the central horn press had corroded. I seem to remember following a Youtube tutorial to get into the dam thing, but it worked until we got rid a few years later.
Last resort that will be airbag i believe

Lights & wipers are controlled thru the BCM wonder if horn is as well

Last resort that will be airbag i believe
Worked for me, but then my age group didn’t need to be taught how to risk assess. I only learned ‘proper’ risk assessment at least 30 years later. 🙄

Worked for me, but then my age group didn’t need to be taught how to risk assess. I only learned ‘proper’ risk assessment at least 30 years later. 🙄
Time and place for that same as COSHH certainly not any use unless working for someone

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back