Ducato - clock and tripmeter

Caz

More a base van question than a motorhome one - but does anyone else have a problem with the clock and tripmeter resetting to zero when van is parked up? It's inconsistant when it happens - some times when EHU has been plugged in, sometimes after only a couple of days but other times it can be left a week and is ok.

Am getting really fed up with continually having to reset the clock and I tend to use the trip to estimate fuel left (hangover from motorbikes years ago that didn't have fuel gauges).

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? Thanks.

We have the same thing happens on our Ducato Bessacarr but ours happens when we use a battery saver switch connected to the ignition. When the switch is on and we leave via the front doors everything is ok, however, if we exit via the hab door then the date, clock and tripometer reverts to zero.
Not the same reason but as yours but I get the frustration and it does seem like a Ducato gremlin that shouldn't be there.

Good luck.

Sounds like the cause is a loss of power so an investigation into what provides that power would be a starting point.

Sounds like the cause is a loss of power so an investigation into what provides that power would be a starting point.

Trip information should not be lost by turning the ignition off. That sounds more like a body computer fault. It could probably be easily rectified by a Ducato technician but it will cost you a few quid, unless still under warranty.

QThink it’s a bsi related fault ,without getting to deep into it ,it’s like a fuse box with relays in it also it is linked to Ecu keys are programmed through as is a lot of other stuff ,used to get it often when I was in a pug dealer f it’s under warranty get it in as it’s not cheap to rectify if this is the source

Last edited:
I am assuming it is an electric clock and trip meter and would have thought that in order for it to do that there must be a momentary break in the supply to both items.

No warranty, it's 15 years old. 2.3 diesel. No idea which model.

Guess I'll just have to live with it then, thanks all.

Speed limit set point regularly resets to default zero or sometimes 20 mph on my works 66 plate boxer....
Along with cabin fan only works on high speed AND hands free not working....
And at times only starting after 3 or four turns of the key fail to stir the starter motor into action.....

All par for the course with continental electrics in my experience.

No warranty, it's 15 years old. 2.3 diesel. No idea which model.

Guess I'll just have to live with it then, thanks all.

That will be a x244 then, not sure if it's relevant to this problem, but might by on others.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back