Dual wheel tyre valve extensions

Glandwr

I'm getting fed up (and too old) for the contortions necessary to check the pressures on the rear dual inside tyres on my 616 Sprinter.

Anyone got and recommendations for extensions that actually work.

I'm getting fed up (and too old) for the contortions necessary to check the pressures on the rear dual inside tyres on my 616 Sprinter.

What tyre pressures are you running on the rears? (there is a reason for asking ;) )

Last edited:
The question was

It is very easy to buy extensions. they are readily available from lots of sources. But anyone who has used them knows they can be a right pain.
I've had two flats on my dually - down to the extensions, not the actual tyre.

What tyre pressures are you running on the rears? (there is a reason for asking ;) )
I'm afraid I'm not as fussy as maybe I should be. My main concern is that all wheels on the same axle are the same. I've checked them after tyre fitters have fitted new ones and found 60plus psi. I find <50psi (45-48) much more comfortable though.

Should have mentioned in the OP that I have the S/S hub covers that make the standard valve extensions a PITA. I have to take them off to get an accurate reading.

Have them or had some on my van, they died and let my tyres down big time, some may be better than others, i have brass small 90 deg for outside rear which is ok but the flexi to the inner wheel do give trouble, iv been thinking of 6 tyre censers instead to keep an eye on pressures.
sender a.jpg
sender b.jpg

I'm afraid I'm not as fussy as maybe I should be. My main concern is that all wheels on the same axle are the same. I've checked them after tyre fitters have fitted new ones and found 60plus psi. I find <50psi (45-48) much more comfortable though.

Should have mentioned in the OP that I have the S/S hub covers that make the standard valve extensions a PITA. I have to take them off to get an accurate reading.

If you were running around 65PSI, I had a nice device to offer you which would have taken care of your problem :) System called Crossfire which I took off my Dually when I sold it.

Still available new of course, but only in the USA. The same company sell the extension hoses on their own though and they are very good. As I said, the normal extensions I found poor but didn't have a moment of problem with this companies kit.
Do a search for something like "crossfire dual tyre system" and you should find what I am talking about.

Trev, you run 65PSI.... You really should think about my system you know ;)

If you were running around 65PSI, I had a nice device to offer you which would have taken care of your problem :) System called Crossfire which I took off my Dually when I sold it.

Still available new of course, but only in the USA. The same company sell the extension hoses on their own though and they are very good. As I said, the normal extensions I found poor but didn't have a moment of problem with this companies kit.
Do a search for something like "crossfire dual tyre system" and you should find what I am talking about.

Trev, you run 65PSI.... You really should think about my system you know ;)
Looks combersome, yes 65psi on all wheels, what worries me is loosing a valve cap on the transmitter sys, they should sell extras.

Back