Druridge Bay

Ramsince69

Hi all, after an absence of 4 years or so we are going out in our van
The last time I was up at Druridge Bay you could pay £5 to stop the night is that still the case ?
Hope someone can help, on our way to Scotland for the NC500

Thank you

I'm afraid not. A couple of locals got that stopped by kicking up a fuss. There are very few coastal places to overnight now in Northumberland. Check the wildcamping app as it should be up to date and current.

I used to live in Ellington and you could see the sea at Druridge Bay from our upstairs back windows. It was around a mile flat walk there and the beach was amazing and empty even on a hot summers day...and the dog loved it. It was over 20 years ago so I cant help with anywhere to stay but thanks for reminding me of it

Hi all, after an absence of 4 years or so we are going out in our van
The last time I was up at Druridge Bay you could pay £5 to stop the night is that still the case ?
Hope someone can help, on our way to Scotland for the NC500

Thank you
Yes you can. See Northumberland CC Website: I have copied and pasted the main text. I do not know the charge.
Campsite at Druridge Bay Country Park

UPDATE 13 April 2022
The campsite is now available for booking but only at a limited capacity.

We currently only have 12 Campervan/ Caravan pitches and 7 tents pitches available.

At this time all are only available without electric hook-up , but these will be available for Summer
Each pitch has its own water tap.
Toilets and showers are located within the visitor centre / cafe building.

When the site is complete, facilities will include 5 shower toilet washrooms, including disabled, kitchen area for washing dishes, waste water disposal point, childrens play park, on site cafe / information centre, miles of countryside walks, trails and coastline, and with purchase of a permit watersports available on the lake.

From their webpage £30 pan 😲

C94DF0C8-CD22-4E19-8899-BE11C5F0AF1A.png

Have they clamped down on wilding this year, then? Seems every few years they make a go of it but then don’t bother for a while.
(We usually spend the odd night near Walkworth golf course & on the beach road at Druridge.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back