Dripping shower head.

spigot

My shower is leaking slightly, might need a new washer?
The tap type is where the handle is pulled out to turn the water on & twist to control temperature.
I’ve replaced plenty of washers in my time but wouldn’t know where to start on this one.
Anyone out there had this problem?

6D6F064A-4F88-44FF-B167-A1521B1C2675.jpeg

I think the tap is made by Reich so you may be able to glean some guidance from t’internet Mike.

P.S. They don’t come supplied with a reflection of you taking a photograph of it, that’s an optional extra!

Last edited:
Grub screw is the normal way to access and normally sits under the blue red hot cold symbol I suspect underneath liooking at yours . I agree with main gate normally the cartride that has split if it is a seal your lucky day

If it is a cartridge its generally not expensive ( £10-15) and at least its on the shower and not in an impossible position under the bleeding sink.

Cheers

H

Just noticed, we have the same tap as you!
If you turn the tap to one side, you will see a blue/red (cold/hot) plastic piece, which has to be removed to reveal a grub screw. From memory, that will release the cartridge for inspection. (Don’t forget to turn the water pump off before you start)
Good Luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back