Dometic Toilet Leaking

regnarts

I'm away in Spain and noticed my Dometic CT3050 toilet has started leaking clear water into the cassette storage area. Having to clean out the cabinet when i've withdrawn the cassette.
Presume it is the top seal as i've operated the flush with the cassette removed and do not see any other water leakage other than that from the bowl.
I am trying to source a new seal here in Spain, has anyone ever change the seal out, I do know how to extract the slider system.
Any help appreciated

Not familiar with that model number. If it has a vacuum breaker fitted, it could well be that.

Get Googling. Lots of stuff about 3050 leaks and seals.
Here is your starter for 10

Always best to find out what the problem is before you buy the parts to fix it.

If you do need a part you could always buy on line from UK with delivery to a site in Spain (seals don't weigh a lot)

Buena suerte.

We had a leak from vacuum valve, got a new valve no joy, turned out to be the water pump was on its way out and was struggling to close the vacuum valve.

I'm away in Spain and noticed my Dometic CT3050 toilet has started leaking clear water into the cassette storage area. Having to clean out the cabinet when i've withdrawn the cassette.
Presume it is the top seal as i've operated the flush with the cassette removed and do not see any other water leakage other than that from the bowl.
I am trying to source a new seal here in Spain, has anyone ever change the seal out, I do know how to extract the slider system.
Any help appreciated
I'm not au fait with your model but If the 'leaked' water is clear surely it must be from a fresh water supply? Isn't the top seal you mention responsible for sealing the dirty water?

When you raise the seat is there water sitting on top of the valve/flap that you open before using it? Mine does occasionally I always look to see if theres water pooled up if so before removing the cassette I open the flap to allow it to drop into the cassette otherwise it splills into the housing.
Mine is coming from the flush pipe why or How to stop it ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, just to add that it is fresh water & I am pretty sure it is the flush water that is leaking as it transfers from the bowl into the cassette. I do not think the cassette top seal is meeting with the bowl spout hence flowing down over the cassette to pool in the bottom of the cabinet.
I have simulated a flush with the cassette removed by putting a small bowl in the cabinet to catch the flush water & cannot see any where else is leaking.
Has anyone changed the top seal I still cant find a video showing how this is done, I can see how the large seal is replaced by removing the slider unit.

Thanks for the replies, just to add that it is fresh water & I am pretty sure it is the flush water that is leaking as it transfers from the bowl into the cassette. I do not think the cassette top seal is meeting with the bowl spout hence flowing down over the cassette to pool in the bottom of the cabinet.
I have simulated a flush with the cassette removed by putting a small bowl in the cabinet to catch the flush water & cannot see any where else is leaking.
Has anyone changed the top seal I still cant find a video showing how this is done, I can see how the large seal is replaced by removing the slider unit.
You are relying on that seal between the base of the bowl and the top of the cassette for an effective effluent seal too! What makes you thing that the seal only lets by clean water when you flush and not a bowl of pee?

Mine leaks too ,passes under the cassette. With a separate flush tank. Replacement cassette seal didn't work 😔

The cassette will hold quite a amount of water on top of the flap before any leaks out into the cabinet I've only had a spillage if I've remove cassette without checking. Is there a water tight seal where you think there should be one and your not getting the same problem as me with water pooling up on flap worse obviously

I had an identical problem and fixed it by buying a “freshen up” kit and replacing the valve and seal assembly. It also was a relatively cheap way of getting a spare cassette.

The cassette will hold quite a amount of water on top of the flap before any leaks out into the cabinet I've only had a spillage if I've remove cassette without checking. Is there a water tight seal where you think there should be one and your not getting the same problem as me with water pooling up on flap worse obviously
I agree. First thing the OP needs to do is make sure they open up the flap for a few seconds immediately before removing the cassette. If the issue persists then I'd be checking for a leak on the cold water supply.
If the main seal was faulty then it would also leak effluent and not just clean water.

Update to the leak is here, I have today done further checks and found that the flush water feed goes through a solenoid valve.
This is where the culprit drip was found which I have now stopped.
For reference the solenoid valve is hidden on the upper left side partially behind a plastic wall plate filler which needed to be removed to gain access in order to tighten the feed supply thread. Removal of the wall was the hard part as it need a bit of force after undoing 9 star studs then pushing wall to the back to remove from slotted fastennings.
I am staying on a site for a few days so will monitor the cabinet before I refit the wall plate if it is dry, hoping the top seal is not a second leak.
Happy days, thanks for your help & ideas which did eventually get me their.

I had an identical problem and fixed it by buying a “freshen up” kit and replacing the valve and seal assembly. It also was a relatively cheap way of getting a spare cassette.
Where did you get the freshen up kit from Tonibvi, it is something I may consider.

Update to the leak is here, I have today done further checks and found that the flush water feed goes through a solenoid valve.
This is where the culprit drip was found which I have now stopped.
For reference the solenoid valve is hidden on the upper left side partially behind a plastic wall plate filler which needed to be removed to gain access in order to tighten the feed supply thread. Removal of the wall was the hard part as it need a bit of force after undoing 9 star studs then pushing wall to the back to remove from slotted fastennings.
I am staying on a site for a few days so will monitor the cabinet before I refit the wall plate if it is dry, hoping the top seal is not a second leak.
Happy days, thanks for your help & ideas which did eventually get me their.
This is the potential weak spot on any cassette toilet with an electric flush. When you drain down for Winter, most people forget about any water in or above the solenoid. This small amount of water can freeze and potentially cause damage when it starts to thaw. It is possible to get round this by draining the fresh water tank first, then operate the flush. While the solenoid valve is in the open position the water can drain back towards the tank. If some water remains in the system it will do no harm as long as it is in the flexible hose area (it can freeze, expand and thaw safely).

In my case it was the vacuum breaker that was damaged and needed replacing.

Where did you get the freshen up kit from Tonibvi, it is something I may consider.
Just been out to check my van and ours is a Thetford toilet, sorry for any confusion. However I had a quick look on the internet and Dometic also sell a freshen up kit. Various kits for various models of toilet so I suggest you Google it to find the right one. I actually bought my kit from our local motorhome shop (Dee Valley Caravans).

Just been out to check my van and ours is a Thetford toilet, sorry for any confusion. However I had a quick look on the internet and Dometic also sell a freshen up kit. Various kits for various models of toilet so I suggest you Google it to find the right one. I actually bought my kit from our local motorhome shop (Dee Valley Caravans).
Thanks, I will check it out for my return to the UK projects.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back