Dometic roof light help please

gypo

We are currently in Spain, somewhere near Tarragona.
We have a dometic roof light in the van, the night before last the wind caught it and ripped the dome off.
It’s a two skin type thing and it ripped the outer one off.
Luckily we were on an aire and there were some local builders working there who kindly loaned me a ladder and some silicon.
I’ve managed to clag it back together for now but am struggling to source a new dome.
I’ve contacted an eBay seller who was very helpful but doesn’t have the one I need.
Her reply,
“that is a Dometic Seitz Midi Heki roof light. The dome you have is the old style and has since been replaced with a newer style”
Does anyone have any idea where I could get the dome please? I should be ok till I return to the uk.
Thanks
D

We had one go similarly , got replacement from Narbonne accessories, there was a branch in Narbonne but I think they are also a chain across France, not sure about Spain?

Had a similar experience, fortunately at home when we heard a huge bang. Wind had caught and totally ripped off. Got a replacement from Jackson Leisure at an excellent price and efficient delivery. Relatively easy to replace. Safe journey home.

Thank you shortcircuit,
I’ll Google them in a bit in case we have no luck here
D

I've the same one And always worried what could happen. Now I know I'll be extra careful. Good luck sorting it. Should be readily available in EU though.

There are a lot of Narbonne Accessories outlets heading up the west side of France .......

A5A0A104-97BA-419E-97B4-104B10563EEF.png

Last edited:
Thank you pudsey,
I have managed to clag it all together with duck tape and silicone, I’m fairly confident it’ll hold out for now till I replace it.
D

I had to replace mine 12 months age then they were difficult to sauce and prices whent through the roof , mine was a remis wind up , the cheapest was my van manufacturer autosleeper, to order one you may need the roof hole size .a dome was not available for mine so had to buy a complete skylight .

Last edited:
Been in this situation (albeit In the UK) on a wet and windy NW coast, dome simply taken away.

My solution was remove everything to leave a sealable flat hole, you can do this from inside bu standing on anything to hand.

B&Q get a piece of board cut to cover the hole, buy some pipe insulation (foam type) a heavy duty rubble sack a roll of gaffa tape, a pice of 50x30 timber.

Go into the car park, put the board in the sack, seal it onto the board with gaffa, cut the pipe insulation to fit around the top of the hole, from the inside feed the board up through the hole and place it on the roof covering the hole.

Now you have 2 options.

1. Buy a saw, a drill, a set of steps, drill bit and some long wood screws, cur the timber to size, use more pipe insulation to pack it out, get the other half to hold the timber in place and get on the roof and drill/screw through the panel into the timber, cover screws with gaffa, Roof sealed, lasted 3 weeks in Scotland with heavy rain, no leak.

2. collar a tradesman and get him to do the above.

It don’t look pretty, especially from the inside, but it works.

Thanks for the advise, I’ve managed to stick the dome back in place for now tho until I can source a new one

Isn't there a firm that does vac moulding for them. I can't remember who it was though now. I think in the midlands.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back