Dometic RML fridge - door shelves

MarkJ

Free Member
We have the Dometic RML9435 in our van. The shelves inside the door keep breaking and we're now out of warranty so it'll start getting expensive...

Anyone else have this fridge? I think the 9430 and 9431 are physically the same. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

(Apart from adopting what I'm sure is the Dometic solution: don't use the shelves for anything heavier than lettuce....)

We have the Dometic RML9435 in our van. The shelves inside the door keep breaking and we're now out of warranty so it'll start getting expensive...

Anyone else have this fridge? I think the 9430 and 9431 are physically the same. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

(Apart from adopting what I'm sure is the Dometic solution: don't use the shelves for anything heavier than lettuce....)
I think I’ve just answered my own question. I found a forum on which this had been discussed (caravans, so I’d ignored it) and there were lots of reports of problems. Conclusion: don’t use the shelves while you’re on the move.

Fantastic.

I replaced waffle style shelves and two door holders, cost was about £80. all broken again. They don’t like any weight and we go over a lot of bumpy roads. The ‘glass’ shelves in our last van were much better ... easier to clean and didn’t break.
I did ask a glass cutter to make me new shelves, but he refused due the difficult shape.

I replaced waffle style shelves and two door holders, cost was about £80. all broken again. They don’t like any weight and we go over a lot of bumpy roads. The ‘glass’ shelves in our last van were much better ... easier to clean and didn’t break.
I did ask a glass cutter to make me new shelves, but he refused due the difficult shape.

Not good enough, is it? Stuck with it though.... thanks

Attachments

• 2587A0AE-6998-4209-B148-E3E00791A493.jpeg
    2587A0AE-6998-4209-B148-E3E00791A493.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 139
And my flat shelves have tabs either side to hold the shelves in ... fridge door doesn’t open enough to put shelves in flat.
Dometic seem to have us over a barrel.

I use 6mm polycarbonate to make shelves to the design I like or to repair the manufacturers shelves. Superglue works or fine screws into polycarbonate blocks

I have glued one successfully with the special glue used from making plastic models.
NOT the tube of glue but a bottle of very thin glue that dissolves the plastic and welds it together.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I emailed Dometic pointing out this was a problem from new - they just told me to make a claim from the dealer. I don’t know whether this is a sympathetic suggestion or a brush off! I’ll try.

I’ll also try some superglue I think.

If you wish, I'll pm you an address to post, also will required a pic with dimensions of female part of door, which the shelf slots into.

Just another thought, enquire with a local company that 3D prints, maybe another options??
Thanks. We keep the van offsite and it’ll be a week or two before I can get there. I’ll be in touch when I can gather the data. Thanks for the offer - much appreciated!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back