Dometic fridge RM7270 replacement

mike w

I may need to replace my old fridge. Does any now if another make/model is a direct replacement for this 3 way fridge?
Interested to hear if any one has changed this model.

TIA

Swapped our very similar one for a 240v undercounter and Victron eco mode inverter (already had plenty of solar and batteries)

One of the best things I've done ....does away with the temperamental 3 way ,
Saves on gas
And we leave it ready and loaded 24/7 rather than loading/unloading it .

Best place for absorbtion fridges in my book is a skip .

Yep small electric fridge with a 600w soft start smart inverter. no bother with 2 90ah standard batteries and 200w of solar, its the way to go.
fridge a.jpg
fridge b.jpg
fridge c.jpg
fridge d.jpg

Our larger 3 way dometic was playing up last summer.
Fortunately a period on 240v sorted it.
However I was preparing to go for an almost identically sized new electric only compressor.
Much cheaper and better provided you have sufficient battery/solar.
From memory some work directly off 12v.
Try Jacksons leisure supplies

Mine was 15 years old and has just failed on gas so I decided on a replacement. Not confident that solar and off grid would cope in this country I decided to stay adsorption 3 way and retain the inherent flexibility. I run mine on gas most of the time, leaving the batteries available for other tasks. Jacksons Leisure Services at Birkenhead were very, very knowledgeable and helpful. Ended up with the Thetford which is a direct replacement for the Dometic and 'less expensive'. You pays your money ..............

Mine was 15 years old and has just failed on gas so I decided on a replacement. Not confident that solar and off grid would cope in this country I decided to stay adsorption 3 way and retain the inherent flexibility. I run mine on gas most of the time, leaving the batteries available for other tasks. Jacksons Leisure Services at Birkenhead were very, very knowledgeable and helpful. Ended up with the Thetford which is a direct replacement for the Dometic and 'less expensive'. You pays your money ..............
Gas costs money, electric solar is free.

Iirc Domestic website lists the newer replacement models of you enter your old model.
P.s. what do you think is wrong with your fridge.

Gas costs money, electric solar is free.
I tend to look at both sides of this debate.
Yes compressor fridges are more reliable, more efficient, and overall better than absorption fridges. No argument there, and for eight months of the year with solar they are the better option. But solar panels are just ornaments on our roof up here from November to March.
We do a lot of winter travels and with two 110ah batteries and an absorption fridge we struggle at times. We have a large 130L fridge, if we had a compressor fridge we would be running out of power. Over the past four years I have hammered my batteries and due to this I have had to twice replace them.
I will be fitting two 100ah lithium in the new van, that may be a game changer.
I will see how we do.

I tend to look at both sides of this debate.
Yes compressor fridges are more reliable, more efficient, and overall better than absorption fridges. No argument there, and for eight months of the year with solar they are the better option. But solar panels are just ornaments on our roof up here from November to March.
We do a lot of winter travels and with two 110ah batteries and an absorption fridge we struggle at times. We have a large 130L fridge, if we had a compressor fridge we would be running out of power. Over the past four years I have hammered my batteries and due to this I have had to twice replace them.
I will be fitting two 100ah lithium in the new van, that may be a game changer.
I will see how we do.
Yes winter is the problem !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back