Dometic freehjet 2200 leaking water

slonger

I have a problem with my dometic freshjet 2200 air conditioner. I am on holiday in spain and I set the aircon temp to 20 degrees we then went out to the pool for a few hours. When we returned the unit was dripping water in the caravan and soaking the bed over time. On inspection the cooling element was frozen up and as a result was allowing water to defrost in the inside. Is this normal? And is it because I set the temperature too low on a hot day 34 degrees. I am now a bit scared to leave the unit on.
Thanks Steve

No I used to get this occasionally on units I looked after abroad, more often than not the condensate tube gets blocked.

To cure may require doing two things ....Firstly cover the unit with a towel ...go underneath the van where you should see the tube, and blow up it often dislodges any crap, Spiders webs can cause it f you have been parked up .

Second way if that doesn't work is to remove the cover ,,,,look at where the condensate drains and have a poke about the tray that catches it will be full.

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back