Dog friendly cabins to Holland

Newcastle to Amsterdam (DFDS) have some too, and don't seem to charge silly prices for, basically, a vinyl floor.

Newcastle to Amsterdam (DFDS) have some too, and don't seem to charge silly prices for, basically, a vinyl floor.
Did that 4 years ago . Stairs and outdoor area totally unsuitable for my , large , greyhound . Told him to pee on cabin floor . Of course he didn't

Did that 4 years ago . Stairs and outdoor area totally unsuitable for my , large , greyhound . Told him to pee on cabin floor . Of course he didn't
Oh dear, doesn't sound good - we sail tomorrow ...

Fortunately I can carry the small dog up and down stairs if necessary, was it just that they were too steep?

Oh dear, doesn't sound good - we sail tomorrow ...

Fortunately I can carry the small dog up and down stairs if necessary, was it just that they were too steep?
Small dog will be fine . Standard ship , steep , open stairs . Just not suitable for 35kg dog

The crossing was last night, very smooth. The outdoor dog area was really small though!

And the arrival checks were - odd. In some respects, very thorough. For example, to enter the Netherlands you need to have a certain amount of money in your bank account and we were asked to show evidence, on our banking app, that we had enough funds to be self sufficient for the length of our stay. We were asked if we were carrying any knives and they looked in our cutlery drawer before agreeing our bread knife wouldn’t need to be confiscated.

But they didn’t ask to see the dog’s food - and that was the one thing we might have had to give up, because yes, we were carrying some. It isn’t a brand you can pick up in any supermarket, but it’s made in Germany and in sealed bags so I don’t feel particularly guilty about taking it.

The crossing was last night, very smooth. The outdoor dog area was really small though!

And the arrival checks were - odd. In some respects, very thorough. For example, to enter the Netherlands you need to have a certain amount of money in your bank account and we were asked to show evidence, on our banking app, that we had enough funds to be self sufficient for the length of our stay. We were asked if we were carrying any knives and they looked in our cutlery drawer before agreeing our bread knife wouldn’t need to be confiscated.

But they didn’t ask to see the dog’s food - and that was the one thing we might have had to give up, because yes, we were carrying some. It isn’t a brand you can pick up in any supermarket, but it’s made in Germany and in sealed bags so I don’t feel particularly guilty about taking it.
Yes I had to go over a barrier and drag my greyhound with me as he wouldn't pee under cover

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back