Does your motorhome have a name?

SWMBO calls ours "Hetty"...

It's a Knaus... So I refer to it as "Norris.... the Knaus"...

The SV as in Sooty Van. When our son was small he would comment every time we went past the local MH place that those vans are like Sooty's. So when we got our own the name was inevitable.

'Colin' named after this.

Just seemed very apt!

2015-05-07 14.18.38.jpg

Our Van

First van was Tim 'cos the reg ended in DYM so he was "Tim, nice but DYM".
Next was an Autotrail Delaware which would have been called Del Boy, but he was too posh so he was known as Derek.
Now we have an Autotrail Comanche called Pete. This is the 'white-eyes' version of Peta Nokona, last of the Comanche war chiefs. It's particularly appropriate because the name means 'Wanderer' or 'One who goes away and returns'.
:wave:

Ours is a Lunar Roadstar 780 called Gertie. We call it Gertie because when we had a VW Campervan called Gladys, a relative called it Gertie by mistake, so when we got the motorhome we used Gertie. Silly I know.

Http://lifeinamotorhome.wordpress.com

Van name

mines is called Ginty that's the Scottish vertion of Virginia

Yes it's a HE and his name is Spartacus (Sparty) because he represents freedom and I also was adicted to the TV series. All my friends now call him Sparty :) (VW Camper van)

Our vans name

As our vans reg. is ab57dog. We could only call it "the kennel".

Our previous Motorhome was called Wanda. We have very recently changed to a new van and are toying with Hollie.... .. Happy Hollie..days.

MH name

We have a 2007 Autotrail Miami. We call it The Yami because when either of us is referring to it then it sounds like My Yami !!!
We even got a decal made special that is linked into the war bonnet on each side of The Yami;
BS 036 2.jpg
As for the gender? Well sometimes it's a He and sometimes a She - and we've yet to come up with a some form of pattern as to why the gender flexibility!

All ours have had names, both male and female. We started with 'Bessie' Bessacarr, then Cheri Chausson, followed by Nellie Navajo (after my late Aunt) and now we have Pudsy Pilote, named after our late motorhoming cat of 18.5yrs. :wave:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back