Do I need to book ahead in Europe in May?

chris crofter

Free Member
Off to Netherlands/Germany/Poland/Italy/,France etc for first time. Leave in 3 weeks. (,May) Can anyone advise? Do I need to book anything before we go? Mostly plan o/n stops only with an occasional campsite 2 day stop. Thanks. Chris

Crit air sticker if visiting lez's in France Germany has a similar system spare bulbs warning triangle hazards are not sufficient and hi viz vests sensibly for all occupants masking headlamps is a consideration too especially if driving at night

Channa

No you dont. Even in mid summer you can get on Aires, Stellplatz if you turn up early enough and most sites will be half empty in May.

You will only need to book major tourist areas ... we were in Belgium, Holland and Germany last summer and the only issue we had was a campsite in Amsterdam ... we just changed our dates there.

The Italians LOVE camping, so their sites may get booked, but they have Sosta's (Aires) too ... just arrive early and have a Plan B.

I would just stress the last point made by Witzend, for popular Aires, especially near town centres, and especially at weekends arrive early. Doing this we have had no problems in the last 5 weeks. In Narbonne the aire was half empty at lunchtime but full by about 6 o’clock.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back