Digbeth Arena (Birmingham)

Welsh will

Free Member
Hi everyone....wishing you all the best for 2020 and hope its a great year of adventure for you all.
We are at a music event in Digbeth Arena Birmingham during the month of June. We are not familiar of this area and after a break in whilst we were at a similar event in Manchester we are now abit cautious of where we park no matter what precaution we take😣. Just after some possible suggestions of some spots to possibly overnight for 1 night which will be a Saturday close to this area if anyone has any?
Even if its a campsite which is a taxi ride away would be ok. Have used Uber in past which with very cheap trips has made the bigger distance affordable.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion from people that know this area as do realise its inner city so more than likely will struggle to find anything.
Will 👍🏼

If you arrive in good time you may get parked on Upper Trinity St.
Not the greatest location but nearby and non residential - or is that what worries you?

Hi Mark
Thanks for reply.....as we have been doing a fair bit of wild camping we have been staying out in country and when needs arise in residential areas also and this has never bothered us. Its a T5 and blends in quite well so never any issue, but the 1 occasion in broad day light in manchester changed everything with a smashed window and trashing of van aswell as theft of some items.
We have not allowed it to ruin our adventures but am just abit more cautious where we park up now. End of day this could happen to anyone anywhere and understand that. So thats the reason i ask in advance. Locals to that area might say deffiantly no suitable spots around there and not advised so then the thought of do we take van or try book overnight accomadation at a suitable hotel etc. Thanks again for suggestion though.

I am guessing it is the Levellers beautiful day out ... I'm thinking about going too.

don't think I will take the Transit camper, its just a bit too urban in the city, but I guess there are options to get a train out to the suburbs. I will have a think and see if there are any good options

I am guessing it is the Levellers beautiful day out ... I'm thinking about going too.

don't think I will take the Transit camper, its just a bit too urban in the city, but I guess there are options to get a train out to the suburbs. I will have a think and see if there are any good options
Yes...this is the event we going too. We always do Beautiful days down in Devon every year in the van. Still un ďecided wha we going to do as of yet

If you disable the display of WCs (which cover everything else), you will find a few POIs in Birmingham, including a CU to the SW of the city centre. One of these may suit in conjunction with public transport.

If you disable the display of WCs (which cover everything else), you will find a few POIs in Birmingham, including a CU to the SW of the city centre. One of these may suit in conjunction with public transport.
Thanks for this bit of advice. Deffinatly something we can try and take a look to see whats under the WC POI

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back