Difficulties ahead

campervanannie

3467167E-A2B2-4054-A923-D369BAFAB354.jpeg

UK LPG stations that remain open should generate higher levels of business so should continue to supply. We have an LPG vehicle conversion dealer nearby and they always appear to have vehicles in for conversion. So demand locally should continue in an urban environment.

It is in the typical locations in the UK that motorhome owners with refillable LPG visit that could be problematic. Which is mildly annoying.

Supply in southern Europe should still be readily available simply because there are much larger numbers of vehicles touring around that require LPG. In normal times of course!

We`ll see what happens at Morrisons, Leyland and Preston Calor, Penwortham they both have a huge amount of customers using their LPG pumps..

Almost every time we go near them there is 1 filling up and normally at least 1 other vehicle waiting.

Had a quick browse above..YES most/all of the Shell outlets give a date for removal in the near future or already dead.
That is about 50% of all listed

Isn’t this what Shell said a year back, doing away with lpg on their forecourts?

Bought my gas setup of a member on here,now the plug may be pulled,always the way when folk find a short cut the hole gets plugged to stop the leak so to speak. :unsure:
Just remember petrol and derv pumps will be down to one at stations over the next few years ,but more electric charge points will be installed before the 2035 all electric date

We have a roofing company in Doncaster (Discount Roofing) they have a bulk tank for filling small cylinders. I expect they could fill fitted tanks too.

I see this as good news. Shell were keeping the prices high so I never bought from them.
Their withdrawal from the market means that other suppliers who are more reasonably-priced are more likely to stay viable.
I think there is a good chance of a revival of the LPG-fuelled market, whether it is IC engines or fuel cells powered by propane.

3 out of the garages local to me have recently ceased selling lpg one other refuse to allow any motorhome to refill ? Asked the question and from on high they said only for lpg fuelled vehicles and not for cooking / heating etc, didn’t press the issue just use my local Calor depot.
Unfortunately their lpg refilling bay is closed for the foreseeable future due to the virus. Still ok as there are lpg suppliers 12 miles away which is on my usual route when venturing out.
i hope the lpg supplier in Ullapool keeps supplying as i use this often when up that way.

I’m luck fill up s safefill quarter a mile from home bp station a local converter close by so fill before my travels

On the Autogas website: "Calor will continue to supply LPG for transport into the existing network of around 1000 refuelling sites across the UK" and there is a list of 90 stations planned for closure, with dates.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back