diesel prices down

robert b

just heard that morrisons are to reduce diesel to 99.9 a litre and the others to follow with same cuts on tuesday great news.:):)

Diesel prices down

:) not before time me thinks oil companies/supermarkets have been sitting back for too long and may it last:):):)the question is do i buy half a tank now or wait:confused::confused:Andy.

99.9 a litre for diesel at my local Morrisons, but is this all good news? There is a gigantic slump on the way, that's why the prices are falling! It will not be pleasant!

i went to scarborough yesterday to get some sea air into my lungs and put £30 diesel to get there and back i will wait till weekend to fill up now i might come down again.

The most galling part of all this is that Diesel is cheaper to produce than Petrol. Anyone who was uncharitable would think that the Oil companies were trying to keep their profits up.

Still 105.9 in rip off Macclesfield yet go just 5 miles in any direction and it is 102.9. We have a cartel going on here which is illegal, even the local Tesco...
Taking...Every....Suckers....Cash....Offum is in on the scam.

Perhaps its just supply and demand!

I don't think so Paul because all the commercial freight is diesel powered so there's a lot more produced than there is petrol

Well many years ago if I remember correctly diesel was significantly cheaper than petrol, until diesel cars became popular and then the price of diesel began its rise. So it was demand and supply in that anstance!

the worm has turned

Well many years ago if I remember correctly diesel was significantly cheaper than petrol, until diesel cars became popular and then the price of diesel began its rise. So it was demand and supply in that anstance!

Well yesterday the differential between petrol and diesel was 15 pence :eek:, today the difference is 11 pence (petrol 88.9p/diesel 99.9p) so maybe the tide has turned.
Being a petrol consumer I was seriously thinking about a gas conversion ,but after a trip to Scotland last weekend I saw the sign on a garage reading ,LPG 58.9p/petrol 88.9p:eek:, Lpg used to be half the price of petrol:mad:

Do you think they are messing us about??:confused:

yea derv prices and petrol prices are down but also are most peoples incomes with short time working or 4 day weeks or wage cuts ect

so in reality not much change

And if people change to LPG then it will rise to meet the supply and demand.

LPG keeps on going down as well!! :cool: I am now paying the same as I was 2yrs ago.........................46.7 pence/litre!! :eek: I'm loving it!! :D :p :D JIM!!

LPG keeps on going down as well!! :cool: I am now paying the same as I was 2yrs ago.........................46.7 pence/litre!! :eek: I'm loving it!! :D :p :D JIM!!
according to the media petrol prices are down to the same they were 5 years ago:confused:i remember paying 80p ish a litre not all that long ago and oil at 40$ a barrel now we are still being ripppppped offfffff gas will be the same as petrol soon when our dear government ends its tax amnesty on lpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Paul C. I remember the days diesel was a lot cheaper than gasoline. People bought diesel cars, thinking it was a saving. Wrong. Up went the price of diesel, way passed gasoline. Correct me if I am wrong, we are the only country in the EU, where diesel is more expensive than gasoline. I read a couple of days ago on this site, where someone wrote, it is cheaper to produce diesel than gasoline. The gas stations and the Government are making a bomb.
By the way, diesel prices are still high in the Cornwall area. Where I live, it is 105.9 per Litre. Morrisons are just as bad as the other gas stations around here.

Diesel (gasoleo) is slightly more than standard gasolina where I am in spain but only a couple of cents in it.
Regards Tony

Well yesterday the differential between petrol and diesel was 15 pence :eek:, today the difference is 11 pence (petrol 88.9p/diesel 99.9p) so maybe the tide has turned.
Being a petrol consumer I was seriously thinking about a gas conversion ,but after a trip to Scotland last weekend I saw the sign on a garage reading ,LPG 58.9p/petrol 88.9p:eek:, Lpg used to be half the price of petrol:mad:

Do you think they are messing us about??:confused:

Absolutely Lenny old mate, they have been having us on for years and I think they are hoping that if they confuse us enough we wont realise how we are being ripped off.... Crude oil is now$41 a barrel:eek:

I agree with Paul C. I remember the days diesel was a lot cheaper than gasoline. People bought diesel cars, thinking it was a saving. Wrong. Up went the price of diesel, way passed gasoline. Correct me if I am wrong, we are the only country in the EU, where diesel is more expensive than gasoline. I read a couple of days ago on this site, where someone wrote, it is cheaper to produce diesel than gasoline. The gas stations and the Government are making a bomb.
By the way, diesel prices are still high in the Cornwall area. Where I live, it is 105.9 per Litre. Morrisons are just as bad as the other gas stations around here.

People bought Diesel cars because the govt. told us it was better for the environment and cleaner than Petrol.
Then when we all bought Diesel cars they changed the story - the same will happen with Gas-powered cars. We will be running out of gas or some such nonsense and the price will go up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back