Devon council trials Motorhome stop over scheme

Fire was once the least of my worries. In a Coal Mine a fire can start. This would lead to a violent explosion possibly causing substantial roof falls. The partially incomplete burning would cause substantial amounts of Carbon Monoxide. So if the explosion did not kill you, the roof falls did not kill you then you would die due to the Carbon Monoxide. The Mines Rescue Teams brought out bodies that were burned or crushed. The CO victims looked like they had just come back from holiday with a lovely complexion.

I still think it was one of the best jobs I ever had. :)

Take a look at our vans.
If a van near bye became engulfed in fire and you were asleep your van could rapidly begin to be involved. In the dark you would have to get out of your bed, raise the bed back to the ceiling. Remove blinds from the windows. Turn the drivers seat forward, before moving the van. And all of the above newly awake in an extremely stressful situation. Also some within vans are not as ambulent.
I don’t think the 6m distance will be enforced, but it will be mandatory possibly preventing the Aire owners from litigation. This is why The forestry made this mandatory for their trial period.
Also there could be insurance issues if these rules laid down are not followed.
There’s also the possibility this could happen during the day when the vans are not occupied.
This is a difficult issue for anyone running an Aire. If they allow vans to park 3 metres apart and people died, or vans were lost they could be held responsible.
Motorised vehicles carry a high fire risk, hence why garages built within dwellings are double lined with plasterboard, and any internal access doors must give one hours fire protection.
Lots here are not as you say, maybe build 30 years back before new regs.

Fire was once the least of my worries. In a Coal Mine a fire can start. This would lead to a violent explosion possibly causing substantial roof falls. The partially incomplete burning would cause substantial amounts of Carbon Monoxide. So if the explosion did not kill you, the roof falls did not kill you then you would die due to the Carbon Monoxide. The Mines Rescue Teams brought out bodies that were burned or crushed. The CO victims looked like they had just come back from holiday with a lovely complexion.

I still think it was one of the best jobs I ever had. :)
Only ferrets or rabbits should go down holes in the ground. :eek:

Lots here are not as you say, maybe build 30 years back before new regs.
It’s been in place for at least 40 years probably longer Trev, and it includes Northern Ireland.
Normally the whole garage is double lined and you notice that any internal doors leading to garage are heavier. These are what we called one hour doors. The door should also have a seal to try to prevent smoke travel into main dwelling.

Where's the fun in that....

Ystrad-einion260910086.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910053.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910046.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910034.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910021.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910029.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910028.jpg
Ystrad-einion260910022.jpg

Ladders in this one of the Mrs climbing back up the ladder ways from deep in a North Wales Fluospar mine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back