Despicable motorhome dealer

Problem with naming is you could end up in the dock slander,never leave your self open.
Remember many are in the funney hand shake brigade and you could end up with two bricks tied to your front door. :eek:

Problem with naming is you could end up in the dock slander,never leave your self open.
Remember many are in the funney hand shake brigade and you could end up with two bricks tied to your front door. :eek:
So we just let them get away with bad service. The truth is not slander.

So we just let them get away with bad service. The truth is not slander.
Proving it and being able to stand over it in front of a judge could be costly,there lies the problem,best to stay clear as i have done all my life after working with the T leaves ,buy used buy carfull and below market value,they do it so why cannot you do the same. ;)

Small family businesses are worried about getting/keeping a good reputation which is why they seem to be more helpful with issues - and also repeat customers - just my personal view though
Couldn't agree more.
I bought my new Pilote from my local family owned dealer.
Brilliant service, nothing is to much trouble for them. I have had 2 minor issues with the motorhome, when I had to wait 2 weeks for a new control panel from Pilote they did me an oil service as a gesture of good will.
Sadly they no longer sell new Pilotes but have an arrangement with Pilote which allows them to do habitation services which is good news for me.

Proving it and being able to stand over it in front of a judge could be costly,there lies the problem,best to stay clear as i have done all my life after working with the T leaves ,buy used buy carfull and below market value,they do it so why cannot you do the same. ;)
I can not believe any dealer is going to take someone to Court for expressing an opinion, they would get nowhere and attract bad publicity. Putting up with poor service has done this Country no good and we owe it to ourselves to expose it.

I can not believe any dealer is going to take someone to Court for expressing an opinion, they would get nowhere and attract bad publicity. Putting up with poor service has done this Country no good and we owe it to ourselves to expose it.

Agree 100%.

Brits aren't very good at complaining about poor service.
If they do any complaining at all it's usually done by muttering about it after the event instead of at the time it happens - which is exactly when the complaint should be made.

That's something we could definitely borrow from a lot of Americans - their attitude when it comes to getting good service!
They are often very loud and up front about it when things aren't right. Bully for them.

Doesn't matter if it's a meal or a motorhome, it's your hard earned cash that's being forked out, so why put up with rubbish products or services? 🤨

Well our dealer is just off the m5 j22 so think I could be the same one .
But our experience has been good even when we had major problems with our last van which they took back after 10 months and 18500 k miles .and full price given back.

Back in the day when I was a caravaner I had the exact opposite experience. We called in at a local dealers and found a second hand van that we fell in love with. Came out of the van and asked the dealer for a part exchange quote on our current van. "Sorry" he said "that guy over there put a deposit on the van while you were looking at it. I can't sell it you now!". A fortnight later the dealer phoned us up and said the purchaser had failed to get credit and wouldn't be buying it. The dealer came over to our house and gave us a quote for our old van which we accepted. He said the original purchaser had forfeited his deposit and knocked this off the price of the replacement van.

That particular van was a cheap van because 3 years later my wife managed to put it on its side on the motorway and it was written off and the insurance company gave us more than we paid for it.

I bought the written off van for £100 and had it repaired for £500 by the same dealer. (Insurance repairs were far more comprehensive including replacing the side and roof where I just left them scratched. )

I was contacted by a lady wanting to buy her first motorhome, could I go and give it a good look over to see if it was as described. I was going along with another member. She paid the motorhome dealer a cash deposit on Thursday on the understanding it was going to be checked over for her. she was coming from Porlock and I’m coming up from Exeter to see the dealer in the middle just off the M5

she has just phoned me to say the dealer had phoned her to say they have sold it to someone else today, despite her having paid this deposit.

naturally she’s very upset and I’m upset for her too. I’d be fuming and wanting blood.

clearly this reinforces the need to treat them all as rogues and to be avoided.

It's currently a seller's market.
Which, funnily enough, means the dealers could afford to be decent and fair if they wanted to, unlike these guys.
Unless they are just making hay while the sun shines cos they know there might be bigger economic storm just around the corner that might put a stop to the hay making? If they're even thinking that far ahead! :unsure:🤨

I sold my old Merc camper a few years back and could have sold it several times over for a lot more money.

However, the guy who bought it flew up from Devon to Newcastle and drove it back down.
I'd told him I wouldn't let it go until he'd seen it and had first refusal. I tend to keep my word.

In the meantime I was constantly being pestered with texts & messages offering me way more money than I'd advertised it for with folk desperate to turn up - in the middle of the night if need be! - with cash in hand. Imagine the guilt you would feel at someone paying for a flight and then finding the van being sold to someone else when they got here! :oops:

Couple months later my old van was back up for sale at 3 grand more, but a few things had been fixed up with the mechanics. The thing is I was quite happy with the money I got and there is no way could have fixed her up the way the purchaser did, so good luck to him and never any hard feelings.

Don't know if it's fair to name them there's always to sides to a story and they won't get to tell theirs
Dont agree with that one the guy is a tosser and should be named. I haggled a 5k drop in price, they resold it full price, the final straw was when he was abusive to my wife.

Well our dealer is just off the m5 j22 so think I could be the same one .
But our experience has been good even when we had major problems with our last van which they took back after 10 months and 18500 k miles .and full price given back.

Full price back after ten months,and nearly 20k miles

Cant be fairer than that I would have thought

Christopher Dickson of Dicksons of Perth.
I wasn't referring to that post better you qouted that post than mine. I though You knew who the dealer was that the thread is about so as we'd all know rather than wonder who of the many it could be

Full price back after ten months,and nearly 20k miles Cant be fairer than that I would have thought
I also had great service from the same dealer but now their under suspicion as well as many others just because their nr Taunton

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back