Demountable legs

AyGee

Not really a problem, more of an annoyance. When I know that I will be moving around most days I simply load my demountable onto the Ranger pick up, remove the legs and leave them in the garden shed. But if I'm likely to be in one place for a number of days it is handy to be able to detach the body so that the Ranger can be used as a "normal" car. The trouble is, there is nowhere to put the legs that doesn't mean putting them outside the rig during the one night stops. I'm not keen on this as 40+kg of aluminum and 4 electric motors just might prove too attractive to the locals.

Before I start making fancy brackets to hang off the sides of the pick up I was wondering if anybody else finds this a problem, and has come up with a solution.

Cheers
AyGee

hi ,when i had the suntrekker demount i made brackets that took the legs under the dides outside of pickupbed under the floor of the stepped body . mine were wind up no posh leccy motors . can you not make a box in ally to disguise the motors . must say i found it too much hassle to keep taking the body off when away lef it on . but always took the legs just in case. cheers alan.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back