Demountable Campers, advice and where to look

Parajet

Hi All
I am interested in a demountable camper to mount on a double cab pick up. Where is the best place to see these, I can only find two places and that's Apollo in Lancs and Northstar in Lincs.
What's the best websites to get info and ideas from? I intend using with my wife and daughter and my long term goal is to overland to North Africa.
Any body out there attempted anything like this?
Any advice or pointers really appreciated.
Thanks all :0)

Check out links from the "Overlanders", I went to a gig in that where show casing a few of these at Stratfordrace course on the 27/28th of september, there's plenty of people out there doing just that...as in "Overlanding".!

jt

A good place to begin is at "stuff about demountable"http://www.wiltshire.eu.com/demountables/

oops missed this one

Demountable camper.com/

lots of friendly advice from owners across UK where we can organise a visit to check one out easily

also worth mentioning
Ranger and NSR have begun trading here again,
together with a new agent in Norfolk for Tischer, and a new manufacturer in Scotland Called Pino

contact me for any more help

I would love a Demountable, persuading the missus that she would love one is the difficult bit!

We can help you there, just contact me to organise a viewing and let her take a good look around inside one of ours,

(free coffee inside)

A few years ago me and my beloved went to Apollo to check to see if we might want them to do a van conversion for us, the company had recently changed hands and the place was in total dis-array. Some Asians had acquired the company and we were not impressed, the best part was the road leading us away from there! In all fairness they may well have got their act together, but I have my doubts unless they have brought people in who understand the vehicles, because they didn't seem too knowledgeable.:danger:

Do not even think of Apollo, I can say with experience that the owner and the product are as dodgy as Del Boys deals. I bought one direct and the problems I had defy belief, the owner who changes his name more often than most people change their underwear has gone bust more times than a balloon collector at a Dolly Parton concert.

Robmac's link is the importer and UK agent for skarroser Nolan rumsby, He is based in Wales and plans to begin re-importing shortly with more favourable exchange rates,
many of our members have this make of camper, utterly reliable and well built Swedish design,

Notie's link is Pamala & Nigel and that looks just great as an outfit.

Inclined to agree on the Apollo issue, where as their units were good and there are still a lot in circulation still, as a company I would perhaps spend elsewhere, I run a for sale thread on the site with a constant stream of new and used units found on the net and dealerships both here and France,
Demountable camper group • Index page

please look in and say hello, better still email us through site and we'll hook you up with nearest member for a viewing not a problem :welcome:

Another demountable owner here, a Swedish SKarosser on a Chevrolet 3.0 LUV. After 30 years of pretty much every kind of campervan from tiny Romahome to huge American RV we finally found that prefect camper. Great for wilding as they are designed for Swedish winters, maintains +21 deg in an outside temp of -30!
Lots of off-grid kit too as Demountable owners are an adventurous sort.

Not easy to get reliable info so a few of us owners got together and created a forum similar to 'Wild Camping' to help new or prospective owners get a handle on the concept.

One thing we do is a 'mentoring' service where you can contact a member in your area and chat over a coffee, and look over a demountable first hand - wish that had been available when I bought my first one.... it was like stumbling in the dark!

Anyway - I'm in North Norfolk, not far from Wells next the Sea so if anyone on here needs to talk to me in person, just message me. Kettles always on (or a glass of wine if you're staying near by and not driving!)

robmac

would you mind contacting me please
inconnus.les AT gmail.com

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back