deisel heater's

Reikiman

I want to fit a Deisel heater in my camper, just looking for advice on what model to buy, as there are so many on the market theses days, suggestions please

Cheapest are the Chinese clones

Best IMHO AND most reliable are genuine eberspacher for a fit and forget no pfaff solution.

2kw is plenty in your average camper/moho

Larger just means more chance of it sooting up due to it just ticking over.

Yes definitely agree. You can’t beat an Eberspacher. Might cost more but fit and forget and very efficient

I have a very old van and have put a chinese diesel heater in that I bought from Vevor. I have replaced the 30+ years old gas heater in the van, that no longer worked and I wasn't able to fix.

What I have learned so far:
  1. don't use the green fuel pipe, if that's the one that comes with it - it's too bendy, doesn't have a big enough internal diameter, causes problems with priming the heater and will retain huge air bubbles - upgrade it to a better quality pipe (there's a facebook group with as much advice as you could ever read on these heaters called Chinese Diesel Heaters UK - the members are really helpful). If you're not on facebook,I can let you know the website if you're interested :)
  2. it can take a LONG time to prime the pump
  3. there are lots of youtube videos that show you how to do stuff, but you may have bought a heater with a newer controller that works very differently from the instructions in all those videos - it just looks the same and you might nearly lose your mind trying to figure out what you're doing wrong - you're not, it's a different bit of kit 🤯
  4. It is truly incredible how much heat a tiny heater like that can pump out into my little van! Testing it on a hot summer day was a mistake 🤣
So far I think it's a good idea.
FWIW, I would probably have bought an Eberspacher if I had the £s, but am still making my van usable/campable in (the old story ... robber salesman sees overly keen, completely naive, inexperienced person coming, sells them rotten thing for all their savings)

Thanks everyone for your imput ,I will see. If it’s feasible to put one in my van. Don’t like the idea of cutting a large hole in the floor.

Thanks everyone for your imput ,I will see. If it’s feasible to put one in my van. Don’t like the idea of cutting a large hole in the floor.
It's not too difficult if you can locate a spot that's open below...
Ideally using a turret kit.

Remember there is also a lot of bad and simply wrong information given on that Facebook group.

This is one of the best... Actually no IT'S the best page for advice on genuine eberspacher heater pages...

A fair amount is also probably transferable to the Chinese clones too.

I use a Planar diesel heater supplied by PF Jones. Both the company,and the heater are excellent.

Hi,
Our first Murvi had a eberspacher diesel heater.

However several years ago Murvi swapped to the Webasto duel top which is much
quieter and more efficient. Which we have in our latest Murvi.

My opinion is that the webasto is the better option.

Dezi

Hi,
Our first Murvi had a eberspacher diesel heater.

However several years ago Murvi swapped to the Webasto duel top which is much
quieter and more efficient. Which we have in our latest Murvi.

My opinion is that the webasto is the better option.

Dezi

Several of my boating friends use Webasto in preference to Eberspacher.

Seems like a good price here;

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back